TSG 39 - Drops Of Jupiter

"But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet? Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day and head back to the Milky Way? And tell me, did Venus blow your mind? Was it everything you wanted to find? And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?" –Drops of Jupiter, Train

--

He didn't know what he was supposed to feel or think anymore. Being with Jae is like being in a roller coaster ride. Paiba-iba. Magulo. At kung hindi matibay ang sikmura mo, masusuka ka talaga dahil sa dami ng nakakahilong pagbabago.

Just a month ago, she was so sure that she doesn't want to get married. And now, dahil lang sa nakadalo ito ng kasal, nagbago na naman ang isip nito?

"You said you didn't want to get married," he reminded her.

"Alam ko. Pero nagbago na ang isip ko. I want to get married now."

"Jae, marriage is a one way street with no exits and no looking back. That's what you said, remember? I can't afford to have you change your mind again. Paano kapag kung kailan nag-propose na ako sa 'yo ay saka naman magbago ulit ang isip mo? You can't just change your mind whenever it's convenient for you."

"It wasn't because it's convenient!" mariin nitong tanggi.

Hinawakan niya ito sa tigkabilang-balikat.

"I love you. You know that. And I know you feel the same. But before we dive in to this, I want you to be sure first. Marriage can wait."

"You're just saying that because you finally changed your mind. That's it, isn't it? Na-realize mo na hindi tayo magtatagal?"

He sighed. There goes the normal conversation.

"Jae, it's not—"

She shoved the bouquet on his hand and walked away.

"Jae!"

--

Hinabol niya ito palabas ng simbahan. She was so angry with him and he understand why. Pakiramdam siguro nito ay nireject na naman niya ito. Jae is the kind of person who takes every 'no' as rejection. She was used to getting what she wants so it's probably the reason why she's also used to thinking that way.

Napakiusapan naman niya itong pumunta pa sila sa reception para hindi magtaka o magtampo sina Gale at Rico. He still has to make his speech. They would surely look for him. Pumayag naman ito but he knew she wouldn't be as pleasant towards him as she was this morning.

When they arrived at the reception, kina Femi at Jazz ito tumabi. She was smiling again. But every time na magtatama ang paningin nila, her gaze will turn cold. He knew his friends noticed. Matatalas ang pakiramdam ng mga ito pagdating sa ganoon. Pero kung anuman ang napansin ng mga ito, hindi na nito pinarating sa kanila. Maybe they wanted to let the two of them resolve the problem on their own.

When it was time for the dance, nagdalawang-isip siya kung aayain ba nyang sumayaw si Jae. Baka tanggihan siya nito. Mapapahiya lang sya.

Tatlong lalaki na ang nagsasayaw dito pero hindi pa rin siya kumikibo. She seemed to be enjoying the party. Baka naman nagbago na ulit ang mood nito? Baka naman okay na ulit sila? When the music ended and Jae sat down again, agad siyang tumayo at nilapitan ito.

He held out his hand.

What day is it

And in what month

This clock never seemed so alive

"Can we dance?" he asked.

She just looked at his hand.