TSG 32 - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman

"You got to give her some faith - hold her tight. A little tenderness - gotta treat her right. She will be there for you, takin' good care of you." --Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, Bryan Adams

--

It was Toby's idea to not have them sleep in the same room. So ever since they got back from his parents' house, magkahiwalay na sila ng tinutulugan. She knew that it must be done but there are some nights that she just wants to have his arms wrapped around her.

Nothing lewd, anyway. Just to have him there, right next to her. Being around him gives her a happy feeling. So one night, as he was saying goodnight, she tugged at his hand.

"Bakit?" takang-tanong nito.

"Dito ka na matulog," sagot niya.

"Jae, alam mong hindi pwede."

"Matutulog lang naman tayo, Toby. I just want to have you around when I sleep."

He sighed. "The last time that happened, you got pregnant," he pointed out.

"Well, look on the bright side. You can't get me pregnant while I'm still pregnant," nakangisi niyang sabi rito.

Ginulo nito ang buhok nya. "Pasaway ka."

"I'm just saying that there's nothing to worry about."

Hinila niya itong muli papasok ng kwarto. This time, he didn't resist. Agad siyang yumakap dito nang makahiga silang dalawa.

"How was work? Hindi ka ba nahihirapan?" tanong nito sa kanya.

She shook her head. "It's fairly easy. Madalas nga lang akong magutom kaya pababa-baba ako."

"Ibibili na lang kita ng snacks bukas. Huwag mong ipamamahingi a."

Tumango siya. "Thanks."

He kissed the top of her head. "Anything for the both of you," he said. He then leaned down and kissed her on the lips. And just like the last time, there goes the burn and then the goosebumps. Butterflies started fluttering again.

Toby's not even that of an expert in kissing. But the feelings that go with his kiss, she could just get lost in them.

And it felt like he was getting lost in them too.

It wasn't until they are both out of breath that he finally stopped.

"Ikaw kasi," sumbat nito sa kanya.

"Bakit? Wala naman akong ginagawa a!"

"Wala ka pa ngang ginagawa, nagkakaganito na 'ko."

Bigla syang namula. "Pahalik-halik ka pa kasi, di mo naman pala kayang kontrolin ang sarili mo."

"E kasi..."

"Ano na naman?"

He kissed her again. "Your lips are so red, Jae."

"Lasing ka ba?"

He chuckled and carressed her face. "You better turn around."

She frowned. "Why?"

"So that I won't be tempted to kiss you again."

Sumunod naman sya agad. When she was facing the other side, yumakap naman ito mula sa likuran at hinalikan ulit sya sa pisngi.

"Goodnight, Jae."

--

When she woke up the next day, he was already up. Nagluluto na ito ng agahan.