TSG 15 - Somebody To Love

"Each morning I get up, I die a little. Can barely stand on my feet. Take a look in the mirror and cry." --Somebody To Love, Queen

---

Some of us don't really know what we are looking for. We just walk and search for something, anything, just to keep our minds away from the things from our past that we need to walk away from, that we need to let go of. And along the way, we stumble on things that pique our interests. We would want to keep them, we would want to stay beside those things. But as time goes by, we would again begin to wonder... did we already find what we're looking for or are they merely passing fancies?

"Date ulit?" Hindi makapaniwala si Jae. Kakapag-date lang nila kahapon at noong isang araw, now he's asking her for another date. He's still at work but he insisted that he will leave early to meet her later. Hindi mawala ang ngiti niya. Hindi niya alam kung alam ba ni Toby kung gaano siya kasaya dahil sa mga ginagawa nito.

He's been doing these little things for her which more than makes up for the things he did to her in the past. Sa pagbabalik-balik pa lamang nito mula sa bahay nito at sa trabaho papunta sa bahay niya, it's more than enough.

She was so glad that he was not around to see her. Mukha siyang tanga. Kanina pa siya nakangiti.

"Oo nga. Ayaw mo?" tanong nito.

"Gusto!" mabilis niyang sagot. "What time ba?"

"Nandyan na 'ko ng seven."

She looked at the clock. Alas singko pa lang. May dalawang oras pa siya. But knowing Toby, he would arrive 30 minutes early just to make her cram. Ayaw kasi nitong sinasanay siyang pinaghihintay ito. Mabagal pa naman siyang kumilos. So he would make her hurry every time.

"Okay, sige."

"Sige."

He hung up. She wasn't expecting for any kind of endearment. No sweet nothings at the end of every call. Sure, they were already a couple and all, but she still doesn't have his heart. And if there's one thing that she would rather have him give willingly that demand from him, it was his love.

And damn his heart for being so committed.

Sighing, she got off the bed and headed to the bathroom. Ang dati'y halos dalawang oras niyang paliligo, ginagawa na nya ngayong 45 minutes. She already chose the clothes she would wear for their dates. Para mas maliit ang pagpipilian.

Pagkatapos niyang maligo, agad siyang nagtuyo ng buhok while simultaneously doing her makeup. She eased herself into a flowery dress, complemented by a pair of dangling earrings, a long necklace and a pair of low-cut, brown boots. Next, she concentrated on makeup and hair.

Kakatapos pa lamang niyang maglagay ng lipstick nang tumunog ang doorbell. Having no intention of making him wait, she hurried downstairs and opened the door.

He was standing outside with a bunch of flowers on his hand.

"Hi," nakangiti nitong bati. "For you."

She reminded herself not to smile too wide as she took the flowers from his hand. The bouquet was consisted of pink peonies, pink roses and a few stalks of baby's breath. She let him in and went to the kitchen to get a vase.

Nang mailagay niya ang mga bulaklak sa vase ay binalikan niya si Toby sa sala. Nanunuod ito ng TV. She sat next to him.

"Where are we going tonight?" she asked.

Before answering, he looked at her intently. "Jae..."

"What?"

"Tanggalin mo nga 'yan." He pointed at her earrings.