Envy and Regret

((Authors note before I begin! Sorry I've literally been inactive for a year you guys! I had a hard time updating this book. A lot of my friends found it and I will never live it down lmao. But I am going to try to keep updating. I hope that those of you who haven't left can return to this journey with me- love Laura))

When I awaken, a feeling of dread hits me instantly. I sit up quickly, and regret my action as a shooting pain goes through my body all at once. I have to take a moment to recount all that's happened.

As I look around, the memories all come flooding back. These surroundings are all too familiar. The blue and black wallpaper. The torn curtains, hand me downs from my sister, no doubt. And the one thing I could never forget, the wardrobe.

I move to stand up, carefully maneuvering off of the squeaky bed that monster has placed me on.

I'll never quite be able to portray the hatred I have in my heart for Raoul. To some he may seem an angle. A loving Viscount who married an opera star. A beautiful couple, truly. And yet, I will never see him as anything more than he is, a devil.

It took me a while to realize it of course.

As a child, he was sweet, charming, and brilliant. He had ensnared both mine and my sister's hearts. As we grew older, I learned to let him go. Christine and I had to move, and there was no room for Raoul anymore. I took to dancing as my only escape, and Christine to singing.

He kept writing to her.

I only ever got one letter.

I should have expected it of course. I'm the black sheep of the two of us. Always have been. And why shouldn't he love Christine? She's an angel. At least, she used to be.

When Raoul visited the opera that one night, more occurred that what has ever been recorded.

It all started that night.

That long ago night.

The night Raoul cursed us all.

((A lil backstory?? See you all, maybe next week who knows ;) ))