Ugly

"I-I'm hideous!" I say, feeling a single tear run down my face.

Erik runs up behind me and hugs me around the waist, sobbing into my shoulder. No doubt he thinks it's his fault.
I turn around, leaning my head into his chest, sobbing as well. He pets the top of my head, muttering "I'm so sorry, Fleur..." Over and over again.

After a few unspoken minutes, I look up and pull myself from his grasp, wiping my eyes.

"Erik if you don't mind, I'd like a few moments to myself."

He nods slowly, not raising his head, before walking out of the room.

I walk closer to the mirror to get a better view of my new face.  Stroking the side, I feel the abrasions and shudder. Knowing that they are permanent. If this is what Erik feels like, I can understand why he would act the way he did. I guess I'm lucky that only half of my overall face is destroyed, Erik has to wear a full mask. But the more time I spend looking at it,
The less I am bothered by it. Almost as if I'm finally realizing I'm stuck like this.

I sit down on the love seat and rest my head against it. I hear a small click and realize that someone has just walked in.

Still not used to the concept of my face, I sit up and cover it immediately. I would have to ask Erik to make me a mask.

We'll speak (or rather think) of the devil and he shall come.

Peeking out from my hands I see a pitiful Erik looking at me, he slowly lowers his eyes to the floor, like he will be scolded by a mother.

That's when I realize. Erik never had a childhood.

Maybe I've found a way to cheer him up?

Anyways back to the present!!

I look up and sigh from relief, while lowering my hands from my face.

"Yes Erik?"

He looks back up at me surprised. I have no idea why he would be.

"You aren't packing your thing?"

Oh! He thinks that I would leave him?

"Why would I be?"

"Well I just thought that you wouldn't want to, you know... Be around me any more?"

I get up and walk to him, giving him a tight hug. He gasps, and I giggle.

"Oh Erik, I won't leave you!"

He sighs in relief and melts Into the hug.

"Just don't argue with me again." I say, and send a mischievous smile at him.

He shakes his head so hard, I fear he may lose it.

"Never again."

He leans on my shoulder.

-------
A/N
I hope you're happy, cause this won't last long. I mean seriously. This has to be the fastest moving wattpad story ever. Like they meet, she almost dies. He saves her. She's deformed. I JUST CANT SLOW DOWN! Oh well... But is it bad I have the ending planned already? Well that won't come for a while at least. ;)

//update: THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1k reads! I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS//
Au Revoir
-Cooki