Lost Song

Andora's POV..:::..

~Flash Back~

The soft voices sing to me as I lightly dance around my room, in fear of being caught happy. I hum the tune along with them quietly.

"The lost will guide you home from here,
The lost will help you home.
They'll bring you back to where you're from,
And make you all belong."

It's a random tune I have made up whilst being locked in my room. Like I am everyday.
My father is very protective of me and Keeps me in here all day.

The only friends I have ever come in contact with were a plain sheeted book, and a light playing piano. Not entirely tuned, but also not anything I couldn't fix. I have a lot of alone time, seeing as my father keeps me from school. So most of my time is spent playing songs I have written or composed. Very often thought, I sneak around the house when my father accidentally leaves my door unlocked, just to find some new music to play. I eventually get caught, but it's all worth it when I have played a new savoring tune that I could memorize.

I heard my door being unlocked and immediately sat down on the floor, my bed. My father walks in and grabs my arm, dragging me roughly. His eyes are bloodshot, and he smells thick of alcohol. I can tell, he's drunk.

"Papa, where are you taking me?"
I ask as he drags me out of the house and to the carriage.

"Don't call me your father. You are most definitely not my daughter." He says. And it brings tears to my eyes.

I shut up and let him take me wherever we are going.

A little over half and hour later, we arrive at our destination. I carefully jump out, so I can see where we are, and immediately regret it, as I hear the carriage door slam and my father pulls out. He left me to die. I should have known.

None the less, he brought me to a graveyard.

I sit on the nearest headstone, and begin to cry. How could my father, leave his child, a six year old, in an abandoned graveyard. I knew he didn't love me though, I should have known.

I then hear a few light footsteps in the snow.

"Papa, why is there a girl sitting on Maman's grave?"

I see a man, with a little girl about my age walk quickly towards me.

"My dear, what happened to you?"
The man asks.

He has light brown hair and glowing hazel eyes.

"My father left me to die sir." I answer not meeting his eyes, for surely he would turn away, and leave. It's the reason my father hated me as well.

He lifts up my chin and gasps.
I know what he sees.

My eyes. One is a striking blue, and the other, is a greenish gold. Papa called it a deformity. I just think it's unique.

The man regains his composure.
"Child how would you feel about me adopting you?"

I look up with hopeful eyes. How could a man, that I have just met, want to adopt me, deformity and all?

"I would like that very much sir."

Okay well come along. What is your name dear?"

"Andora, sir."

"Ah so your new name shall be Andora Daaé."

I gasp.surely he can't be.

"Sir do you play the violin?"
I ask him.

"Yes." He laughs no doubt knowing that I know who he is.

He has been one of my idols for as long as I could remember. And now I was going to be his adopted child.

"Hi!"
The little girl finally comes up to me and says.

"Hi." I say shyly.

"My names Christine! I can't wait to have a sister!"
She says as she grabs my arm and pulls me along.

I can already tell that Its going to be fun!

~Flash Back Ending~

I remember that day as well as I fit were yesterday. Although in reality, it has been 14 years.
It had also been one year since Christine had married her childhood sweetheart, Raoul, after some personal business which neither her nor Raoul would speak of. I did know though, that it had resulted in burning down my only home, the opera Populair.

When we had first arrived at the opera, a woman named Antoinette Giry had taken us under his wing. She also had a daughter, named Meg. She later became Christine's Best friend, but I loathed her. And I had a good reason to.

When we were brought into the opera house, Madame Giry raised us as ballerinas. I wasn't the worst, but I was hardly as graceful as Either my sister nor her friend. I was a More sneaky child. Madame Giry had often found me in the opera rafters, and trying to enter the catacombs, but failing due to chastising from my Guardian. Meg made fun of me for everything Christine had never caught it, but I did. They all also used to chastise me for using my musical talent, saying that I wasn't good enough, to discourage me for anything. Christine had always been protective of me, I suppose being her only sister, and did her best to drive me away from opportunities that could lead to me getting hurt.

All my friends had moved away since the fire, but little did they know, I was still living in the opera house, in the Prima Donna room to be exact. It still smelled of Carlotta's god awful perfume, but at least most of the room had not been destroyed. I am about to go roaming when I think I hear something from behind the mirror. I walk to the wall and lean my ear against the cold glass.

I hear everything.

I can't just sit here and let this man kill himself. Stranger or not, I pull open the mirror, and it slides open. I run to where the sound is, only to find an entry chair and rope. I think I must be hearing things.

I begin to walk back to my room confused, when a cold rope on my neck, stops me.

A dark, and sinister, yet somehow seductive voice, whispers in my ear, and I feel his warm breath, giving me goosebumps.

"Where do you think you are going, *mon petit oiseau chanteur?"
*my little songbird