Chapter 5

Riker's POV

Once we left Chelsea's house and got home my mom pulled everyone into the living room.

“The principal called and he wants you to perform at the Back To School dance.” my mom said.

“We will start rehearsals tomorrow.” my dad added.

“I told Chelsea that I would work on our project tomorrow.” Rydel replied.

“Rehearsal is at seven. That gives you two hours to work on the project and an hour to eat.” my dad said dismissing us. “Riker, I expect you to be there.” he added.

“Wouldn't miss it for the world.” I replied smiling and walking upstairs. I walked into mine and Rocky's room to find him playing Halo with Ross, Rydel and Ryland watching. Thankfully none of them were on my bed. One thing I hated more then Ross playing drums at six in the morning was my siblings on my bed.

“Why does Chelsea look familiar?” Ryland asked, handing me some peanut butter m&ms.

“How should I know?” I replied rolling my eyes.

“I was thinking the same thing. She was from Denver at one point. I'll ask tomorrow.” Rydel added.

“Where are you working on the project?” I asked smirking at her.

“Her house. She wants to be as far away from as she can.” she replied.

“Shame. She is a cute one.”

“I am going to head to bed. Long day tomorrow. Riker maybe try being nice and you could actually get a girl.” Ross said, getting up and leaving the room, with Ryland, and Rydel on his heels.

“Like you would know.” I said, laughing at him. The only way he would get a girlfriend is if he was on a tv show. Like that would ever happen.

“Chelsea would you turn your alarm off.” my mom called from down stairs. “This is the second day in a row I have had to tell you. I might as well just yell to get you up.”

“Sorry mom.” I called back and turned it off. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a black dress with studs on it and my black studded converse. I went into the bathroom and stripped down to my bra and underwear. I looked in the full body mirror and frowned. I looked at the toilet and decided against it. I put my clothes on and did my make up and went downstairs.

“Are you hungry?” my mom asked, handing me a coffee mug.

“No. I'll grab something from the school cafeteria.” I replied grabbing my bag and making my way towards the door. “Rydel is coming over after school to work on our project.” I added before walking out the door and running right into Rydel and dropping my bag.

“Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to walk to school with me.” she said bending down and helping me put my stuff into my bag.

“Don't you usually get a ride with your brother?” I asked, not wanting to say his name.

“Our parents need the car today. So we are stuck walking, if we leave now we can beat my brothers.” she replied.

“Well what are we waiting for?” I asked. Practically running down the street. She laughed and followed me.

“When did you move from Denver to Canada?” she asked when she caught up to me.

“Four years ago.” I replied. Looking down at my phone.

“Do you have your phone on you?” I asked. She checked her pockets and her bag.

“Shit no. Why?” she asked. “Is Riker texting you?”

“Yeah, but it's not from your phone.” I replied adding his number and ignoring the text. We rounded the corner and walked up to the school.

“I am gonna drop my stuff off and then grab some breakfast. You wanna come?” she asked entering the school and heading for our lockers.

“Yeah, I won't eat though I had breakfast at home.” I know I shouldn't have lied but what was I suppose to do?

_____________________________________________________________________

Riker's POV

We grabbed Ellington, and headed to school. I grabbed Rydel's phone, she left it on the kitchen table. I went through her phone and found Chelsea's phone number. I added it to my phone as we were walking.

“What are you doing?” Ross asked as I tucked Rydel's phone in my pocket.

“Nothing that concerns you.” I replied. I clicked on Chelsea's name and sent her a text.

Hey baby ;)

“You stole Chelsea's number didn't you.” Rocky stated.

“Yeah. So what? I'm not gonna say anything mean.” I replied as we entered to school grounds. We went to our locker and saw Rydel and Chelsea putting there stuff away. I noticed Chelsea's dress and couldn't help but notice the way her body looked. God I wanted that body under me or on top. Either way I wanted it.

“Hey, I really like your dress.” Ratliff said walking up to her. I rolled my eyes, damn it. I wanted to compliment her, oh well.

“I completely agree.” Kelly said coming up and pushing past us.

“Chelsea I want you to meet my girlfriend Kelly.” Ratliff said introducing her as I walked up and opened my locker.

“Nice to meet you.” Chelsea said as Kelly pulled her into a hug. Rydel hooked both of her arms into theirs and walked away. I bit my lip and watched the way Chelsea's hips swayed as she walked.

“Careful, don't want to get a boner in the middle of a hall way.” Rocky said.

“I have no idea what your talking about. I'm headed to detention. I'll see you in gym.” I said walking towards detention as he ran to catch up with everyone else.

_________________________________________________________________________

Chelsea's POV

“Riker try and hit on you yet?” Kelly asked.

“Yup. Honestly he can't take a hint.” I replied, sitting down at the cafeteria table across from her.

“She even hit him in the head with a volleyball yesterday.” Ratliff said, sitting down beside her.

“Dang it! I knew I should have came to school yesterday.” she replied.

“Anyway, I am grabbing food.” Rydel said, standing up and everyone followed but Rocky.

“It's been a while Lisa.” he said. I looked at him and froze.

“How did you-”

“I knew from the moment we met you.” he replied cutting me off. “I won't tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me. You do know they will find out eventually. It's best that you tell them. At least Rydel, and Ross maybe Ryland.”

“Yeah, I know. I can't let anyone tell Riker though. If he found out, he would probably go ballistic. It's lucky our parents never met because hiding this would be extremely hard.” I replied.

“But if he finds out on his own. Don't you think he would go even more ballistic?”

“Yeah. You're right. But after what happened before I left. I don't think I could ever tell him. He wouldn't be able to live with himself.” I replied.

“We should get to gym. I need to get my phone back from Riker too.” Rydel said. I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. If anyone else found out my secret, I would be screwed. I needed to keep it quiet until I figured out what happened to the Riker I fell in love with four years ago.