a war in which i don't have weapons

i wish i could push my heart into your ribcage so you could finally understand why i love you so. i wish you could experience what it is like to adore your own self, to understand yourself and the marvelousness that abounds from that fact.

i wish i could give you my eyes so you could look upon your own beauty; not only physical alone, but the joy and warmth that you send to a world that needs it so. oh god i wish you could borrow my sight if only to see how skewed yours has become.

i have hatred rooted in me; not for you, never for you. for those who have told such infernal falsehoods. for the cancer that has infected your view of what you are so that all you can see is uselessness. i'd fight every thought, every breath out of your mouth that dares challenge the wonder you truly are. i'd fight it each day, not matter how much of my own blood i swallow, how many tears i shed because you won't, and no matter all the space you desperately try to design between us.

i am a warrior, but much more dangerously so, i am a lover. and if you do not store adoration for yourself in a fraying heart, i swear to you on my life i have enough for the both of us.

i just need you to try. please.

- i wish i could cure another's wound