30:Ex-Haile

A/N: HAPPY 3 DAYS EARLY ANNIVERSARY BABE!

To say I was terrified is an understatement. I wasn't scared of death or killing, and surely wasn't scared of Blake or any of my cousins.

I was only scared that Raiden might not be alright.

The thought of Raiden being hurt or merely touched drove me to the most dangerous levels of insanity.

After all the promises I made him, I did not want him to see them breaking one after the other.

Promises don't break alone. They break the two parties of a promise with them. A broken promise renders you helpless and empty.

"Take the intersection through Pendrive and go to the ri-"

"I know how to get to the back of the alley" I yelled at Luna, who was giving me stupid directions to a place I practically grew up lingering around.

Despite not actually hanging out inside of the devil's alley, I knew it by heart. I wanted to be alive the day of its demise.

Luna didn't argue or snap back, thankfully but she wasn't making it any easier being next to me in the car.

She was working with them.

She revealed everything about their plan, and the red devils. Had she not been helping me get to Raiden, she would've ended sprawled on some deserted sewer vent.

Her father didn't deserve a girl like her. He was a gentleman, full of class and integrity.

She was full of shit.

I parked the car out of sight, and went in, Luna close on my heels.
----------------------------
Raiden's P.O.V.

The guy in the mask jumped straight to the door. Harken was his name according to Aiden.

I tried to slip off my hand, but I couldn't. Though the ropes were feeling a bit looser, which was a blessing.

The name stuck in my head. It meant something that I couldn't remember. I didn't have much time to dwell on it, however, because with intensity of the gunshots increasing, so was my heart rate.

Aiden struggled with the ropes, but they were tied up firmly. There was no probability for escaping the holds of the chairs.

Harken shushed Aiden with a sinister finger to the mouth (in his case, mask) gesture. It seemed to work on him like a charm.

He was either scared as hell of him, or fallen deeply and madly in love with him.

Knowing Aiden and his stupid crush on Scarlet, it was the first choice.

As for me, guys like him don't scare me anymore.

Harken took the small croaky staircase step by step. Aiden's neck was twisted like an owl's so he could see him.

And then Harken was gone.

"What do we do?" Aiden huffed impatiently.

"What can we do?" I replied simply. "We can't move an inch, and if I open my eyes one second too long the lamp would blind me.

"Does your leg reach my foot?" Aiden asked what I thought was the weirdest question.

"I can try," I extended my leg as far as it was biologically possible, and he did the same. I was able to reach it. "Now what?"

His foot was back by his side, and so was mine.

With his other foot, he slid off his shoe, but kept it hanging loosely on. And then it was extended again, and I understood what was going on.