29:In-Haile

The first gunshot of the night reverberated across the walls of the mansion and into the ears of everyone in the radius.

In the dead silence of the night, probably the radius of Rivertown.

It might have been just a sound, but the thought that came with it struck me harder than it would've if the bullet went through my heart.

I pushed Rose; something that felt so damn surreal that my mind couldn't comprehend still.

Rose was alive.

Rose tried kissing me against my will.

My will refusing a kiss from Rose.

Pushing Rose.

If my four-years-ago self witnessed this, it would've laughed and thought it was a joke.

It wouldn't even pass as a joke because it was simply impossible.

In a blur, I thrashed through the screaming crowd. It was in vain. They were running in each and every direction that made it impossible to pass through without knocking them down left and right.

Which I did.

Every passing moment made my heart race faster. I shoved away every thought of something bad happening to Raiden.

I shouldn't have given him the gun.

I shouldn't have left him alone.

He did not shoot himself.

Raiden wouldn't do this to me. He wouldn't do it to himself.

I helped murder him.

What irony was it to save him if I was helping him get killed.

When I finally reached the main doors of the mansion, it was after shoving at least twenty people.

Without thinking, I hurried to my bedroom. Raiden does know any room but that one.

The stairs seemed endless. They used to take a few seconds to get through them, why were they feeling a lot longer than mere seconds?

I thwacked the door and stormed inside to find no one. I checked the closet and the bathroom; nothing.

As I went back and on my way out of the room, I saw what I dreaded.

The scene traumatised me with the flow of negative thoughts.

A splatter of blood decorated the wall. Fresh bright red blood gleamed from the faint lights peering into the room.

I cursed silently. Then louder. Then louder.

Then destroyed most of my bedroom in a fit of volcanic pressed anger.

I dropped to my knees and passed my hands through my hair. Could it get any whiter?

Confusion, heartache, and agony led me to my car. I sat behind the wheel not knowing what to do with myself. In the background you could hear the screaming of the people. High society people scream the same way is lower ones.

I hated that I knew how people scream when they're terrified.

For a moment I thought about driving myself over the edge of the cliff. I was devastated to that extent; doing what I've been trying to make Raiden not do.

The passenger seat door opened, breaking my reverie. My tears dripped on the steering wheel.

With the hast and the blur of what was happening, it took me a couple seconds to register who climbed into my car.