XIII

Not many days passed before I escaped the village and run up the hill.

I had to tell him about what I heard.

I gasped for air as I reached the meadow, but nobody was there.

Even as I knocked on the door to his house there was no one.

But I saw footsteps on the floor and followed them to the backdoor, and there again out to the forest.

It was scary, but I was excited as well.

Is sheep boy killing some time here?

I heard heavy breathing and my heart almost dropped to my feet.

As I reached the source of the sound I hid behind a tree and watched.

I watched how sheep boy was stabbing the wolf dead.

He stabbed and stabbed and stabbed.

The wolf was already dead, but he kept on stabbing.

As I wanted to reach out for him he suddenly started to sob.

"I only wanted to be around people, I just wanted - ", he sobbed and wiped his tears, leaving blood stains on his face.

"I just wanted to be not lonely anymore", and after he calmed down he pushed the knife into the wolf one more time and left the knife in its body.

"Was that too much? Did I ask for too much? Isn't it all your fault?", he yelled and stood up.

In that very moment I hid behind the tree again.

To be honest I held back some tears.

Sheep boy was surely a lonely boy...

But he always hated when I was around.

"Did you think I didn't see you?", he muttered next to me before I could even follow his movements.

I jumped up and tried to laugh off my shock.

"Sheep boy, you sure like to play in dirt, huh? Want to talk and – ", again he cut me off and grabbed my arm.

"I told you to get lost, why do you keep following me?", the smell of blood crept in my nose.

"I wanted to tell you some stories. My Mum called you a wolf and", he twisted my arm which caused me pain, but I didn't show him that I was hurting.

I am not a weak girl!

"A Wolf? She called me a wolf? And you still call me sheep boy... ", he let go and chuckled.

"Well I think wolf is the perfect name", he just looked at the dead wolf, or what was left of him.

I on the other hand started to have a bad feeling about the wolf in front of me.

He had a glint in his eyes as I tried to free myself from his grasp.

But he tightened his grasp and pulled me close as he smirked at me.

"What will you do? Will you cry wolf?", he chuckled.