IV

On the next day I was sitting on the hill and stared down at the village.

How weird it was that even though it was just for one day, I felt like I spent a lot of time in this village.

I saw how some people started to turn on the lights.

A sheep came next to me, leaning to my side and I stroked its fluffy fur.

I snuggled my cheek against the fur and for one moment I felt like this sheep understood me.

The lingering feeling of the stew wouldn't just fade away after a day.

"Maybe I'll come over sheep boy!"

For her to say such a thing so easily...

That blonde-haired girl may seem a little bit bad- tempered but I wouldn't mind her visiting me.

But who would visit me anyway?

Nobody visits me here.

There is nothing up the hill and who would visit for some dumb sheep.

I sighed.

Since when did I start to call them dumb again?

The sheep next to me must have felt how I was thinking and moved away, back to its family.

Family...

Death, the end of a living being.

If someone is born the result would always be death.

I brought the sheep together behind the fence and went to the house that was cold and empty.

Without eating I went to bed and stared out of the window.

The only noise was the rumbling of my stomach.

Yesterday it was annoying and comforting at the same time when that blonde girl blabbered until I fell asleep.

But today I wished for someone to make at least a little bit noise.

I fell asleep and dreamed of my parents.