VI

Six days had passed and every time I entered the house of the married couple who took me in, I felt like I was entering a cosy and warm place.

A place where fresh meals were served, where people would greet you when you come home and at the evening you hear people talk while you fall asleep.

I felt happy.

I really, really felt happy.

I thought that maybe I could stay here forever.

That there wasn't any problem at all.

But I was wrong.

Soon, on the seventh day while I was sitting on the bed and looking out of the window the man had scratched his head.

He sighed and looked not so happy.

"Is something the matter, Sir?", I asked cautiously.

I realized that you never can be too cautious around people.

"We send a search team around your place. It seems like there never was a wolf to begin with. Are you lying or imagining things because you are scared?", his eyebrows scrunched together.

My throat felt dry.

What should I say?

Should I say I lied?

Lying was bad, right?

But they were so nice to me...

I couldn't possibly make them hate me.

"I really thought there was a wolf. I was scared."

The man ruffled my hair and smiled.

"Don't worry little guy it's safe up there! Now go back, you know the way back, right?", I realized his wife was watching our conversation with narrowed eyes.

I see somehow, I understood now...

I was not really welcomed.

Maybe I was on the first and second day, but not anymore.

There was no reason to ask if I could stay.

It seems I was the only one who seemed happy here...