Finally

Rose's POV

I was looking at myself in the mirror as the makeup artist tried her best to make a minimalistic makeup according to my demand.

I was tired of all the plaything. Our life wasn't meant to attend parties and be feminine, and yet when we have formal occasions, I do need to wear the dresses that Lissa generally orders for me.

I looked down at my gorgeous dress, a chiffon A-line gown with hand beaded lace illusion three quarter length sleeves, front and back scoop necklines, beaded lace bodice. The side draped skirt had a cascading ruffle and central back gathers with a sweep train.

At that moment Lissa burst into the room, excited, "Rose are you ready?"

I turned away, "You know very well that I didn't save you or do anything of this sort for you to honor me publicly. What was the need for all this?"

"It's my wish as a queen and you definitely deserved it, so just gulp it down," she said, wrapping her arms around me.

The makeup artist stared at us horrified, perhaps trying to fathom why the queen was hugging a mere guardian.

"Could you please leave us alone?' Lissa put on the politest voice.

The young girl left, leaving us alone.

"Rose, she said, twirling around in her vintage fabric," Today, guests from all around the world are coming, so I need to look my best. See if I'm okay,"

It was then I noticed how gorgeous her dress was. It was a luxurious high neck applique beaded, quinceanera gown in the softest colors of pink and ash which highly accentuated her queenly grace.

"You look perfect," I said, hugging her back

"You look perfect," I said, hugging her back. It felt so good, like the old times when we were still students.

Someone cleared his throat in the hallway.

And it was Dimitri who seemed to be too uncomfortable in his dress. I bet it was handpicked by Lissa too for the occasion as she had the morbid fear that we would reach there in something less costly.