Frozen

Rose's POV

At one moment I was fighting with the Strigoi, trying to reach out to help Dimitri, who was losing to Vlad and at the next moment they had me overpowered. We were actually heavily outnumbered.

Suddenly something changed. I could feel an inhuman force which threatened to crush me and everything in my field of vision went still. There was a pressing feeling over me. I felt helpless.

My mind was active, but my vision was fixated at one point. It was such an unusual feeling. I felt as if I was a soul trapped in an alien body. I longed to escape from the binding and break apart the walls of the body holding me.

I didn't know for how long I stayed in that way. I lost track of the time as the time was frozen to eternity. I was dreading every moment that maybe I had died. If death was this, then I wouldn't wish it upon our worst enemy.

As soon as it had come the phenomenon disappeared. I could feel my limbs again, but my surroundings didn't change. They stayed frozen.

The Strigoi about to raise an arm to grab me. One approaching stealthily from the back had his eyes wide open in shock. Was he suffering inside just like I had been?

But I had no time to worry about such things because just then my eyes fell on Dimitri. No wait, Dimitri with a beautiful little baby in his hand. He was coddling the little one who was well content to pull his hair and place her little white hands on his face. He seemed to be enjoying every moment of it and the baby continued to play with him.

The gesture was almost fatherly.
I felt a pang of jealousy. I would never be able to give him the baby he wants. After my restoration, I would be a dhampir, and dhampirs can't bear children with other dhampirs.

Seeing him play thus was a moment I could indulge him forever. Unnoticed, a lone tear dropped from my eyes.

I was crying. A Strigoi, who was supposed to have no feelings or emotions was crying. Well, it's not for nothing that I was called a freak.

Suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around and screamed, because there was standing me. Yes, it was me, my reflection, my twin, my image or my hallucination, whatever you'd call it.

The image stirred, smiled and extended her hands to me. Behind her was someone and to my extreme shock, it was Dimitri.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw my Dimitri still cuddling the baby, cooing and making faces to entertain it.

"She seems to like me a lot, isn't it Rose?" he asked, coming towards us.

"She is actually too young to differentiate between you and my Dimitri," my reflection spoke up.

"W...who is this," I stammered.

"Rose, meet Alexandra," he said, holding the baby over to me.
The baby extended its fat rounded arms to me, trying to break free from his grip.

"See, she thinks you are her Mommy," the Rose before me chirped.

I took the child, still stunned at how could two people be so similar to us.

Alexandra came to my lap and nuzzled her little head at the crook of my neck and without a warning, her face turned towards me, her lips touching my cheeks.

I could see tears shining in the corner of Dimitri's eyes. The guilt I had been feeling was beginning to smother me. Why couldn't I give such a beautiful baby to him?

I suddenly realized that those people were dressed in different kind of clothes, tight fitting spandex, shiny with classy belts.

My reflection had her hair pulled back into a pony and I could still see the guardian promise mark when she turned. It sat on her neck adorned by the battle mark and also the molnijas, the marks which showed the number of Strigoi kills.

But those tattoos were edged with silver which glinted in the eerie blue light surrounding us.
Just then Alexandra caught sight of my image and started crying and suddenly she turned to me and stopped. She looked from one to the other, her eyes widened and tilted her head as if trying to identify her real momma.

Finally she held out her hands to my image.

"Now you come to momma," she said, taking the baby and kissing her while my Dimitri came to stand beside me.

"Rose, I know you must be confused but no, you aren't dreaming and they are really there. This is Rose and Dimitri, after 8 years. They came from the future. The Dimitri is 37 and Rose is 30.

I looked from one to the other. Surely they had that faint lines of aging which my super clear Strigoi vision didn't miss. They definitely were from the future.

"How do you know them?
Alexandra seems to know you from before, "I enquired, afraid that Dimitri has been lying to me all the while.

850 words
To be continued.

A/N Second part for the black belt write to rank contest by action

Thanks Pipigrin KashishBelikov Meghana_violet
JoeRover2 KlaraSofe JenniferJones frostwingak TwilightGirl32 dodsley edelmeehan teamhathaway ebartlett03 Ranger_of_the_North