Transformation

Dimitri’s POV

“So, are you ready?” said the future Rose walking towards me.

I peeped over her shoulder to see my Rose standing stupefied. Her vision was blank and the miasma of doubt and misery hung over her.

“What have you said to her?” I enquired.

“She’s got a lot to ponder over,” the other Rose smiled.

I deftly reached to pull my Rose into an embrace. Could Strigoi go into a shock?

As soon as my arms were around her, she stirred and actually reached up on her toes to grab my head, pulling me into a kiss.
As her hungry lips crashed into mine, my lips moved to the rhythm, savoring their sweetness. For a second we drowned in that pleasure before I broke away, “What happened?”

“I know my loyalties Dimitri. I am sorry,” she whispered into my chest.

“What are you talking about?” I was scared now.

She didn’t reply and withdrew from my arms, going up to the future Rose.

“We’re ready,” she informed.

“Do you know how to fire a gun?” my future counterpart asked my Rose.

“Of course she knows,” the future Rose chided.

“Then you have to do nothing but aim and fire,” he commanded.

Rose dithered.

“Oh, you’re still a Strigoi!” the future Rose exclaimed, “I’m sorry but this can be fired by someone who has life because a part of the energy is drawn from the life force of the user. We warn people not to use it repeatedly as it depletes you severely. I’ll restore Christian and my Dimitri can bring back Lissa.”

“Wait, that leaves me…” I started to choke.

“To bring back your Rose. Yes, it’s better that you do it,” my future put a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at my Rose. Her eyes were still distant, gazing at nothing in particular.

“Fine,” I said, “Show me.”
My mirror image took out a small silver pistol from his pocket. Sharp slivers of light reflected off it.

Then he effortlessly aimed it at the frozen form of Lissa.

“Now,” he barked, and almost immediately the future Rose took out a small remote and pointing the antenna at Lissa, commanded, “Thaw!”

Immediately Lissa stirred. But before she could realise where she was, a sharp beam of white light shot out from the gun. The white light divided into thin fabrics of light which twisted and turned engulfing her in a gossamer cage of light threads.

I saw Lissa’s eyes go wide as she clutched her chest and knew that the bullet had hit her heart. As she collapse, the ball of light lifted up into the air and began spinning, throwing out delicate sparks of white. It was an ethereal sight.

My attention was diverted to the Dimitri before me. Beads of sweat had appeared on his forehead and his arms were shaking from the strain and it looked like he could collapse at any moment.

And then the blinding light vanished and Lissa was sitting upright on the floor, confused and dazed.

She whimpered like a new born and started to sob.

Christian was restored in a jiffy and as both our futures, staggered to console the ones they had restored, I was left with the gun and with my Rose to restore.

Our eyes locked for a second and I knew at that moment that I had to do it, no matter what.

“Go on,” she mouthed, coming to stand before me.

My hands were numb and badly shaking.

“Y…You can do...do it,” her voice quivered.

I pointed my gun at her. She closed her eyes in fright.

“Trust me,” I whispered, pulling the trigger, I closed my eyes too, still holding onto the gun.

But the strangest thing happened.  The fibres divided but didn’t encompass her this time. The fibers snaked up her limbs forming a unique pattern on her which looked like a million tiny roses made of diamonds, which were scattered on her entire form.

Her eyes widened as she lifted up her hands to see herself sparkling. And then suddenly she clutched her chest and collapsed.

I didn’t want to, but something magnetic pulled me to her and my arms instinctively reached to take hers.

A tiny thread from the fibre broke apart, which came and circled our hands, binding us into that position. I felt drained and exhausted, but the experience was heavenly. It was as if I was granting life to her with everything in my possession.

The light beads bounding out hands suddenly disappeared and only a tiny silver hoop remained on my ring finger, it’s counterpart on her hand.

She slumped against me, cold, but her beautiful eyes were locked onto mine as I saw the gleam of silver beneath those beautiful, liquid brown eyes.
My Rose was back again and so were my friends. Everything was falling into place, once and for all.

817 words
To be continued...

To be continued...

A/N Written for the black belt write to rank contest by action

Thanks Pipigrin KashishBelikov Meghana_violet
JoeRover2 KlaraSofe JenniferJones frostwingak TwilightGirl32 dodsley edelmeehan teamhathaway ebartlett03 Ranger_of_the_North