Staring Evil in the eyes

“Hey Lauren, it’s time to wake up sweetie.” I opened my eyes, squinting at the sunlight peering through the window to see Baekhyun smiling in my face. I get up and glance over in the dresser mirror beside me and my hair is all frizzed up in different directions, I’m pale, and I have dark circles under my eyes. I try to smooth my hair down with my hands but Baekhyun slaps them away and makes me get up.

            “What time is it?” I croak as he pulls me into the spa bathroom and brushes my hair, I feel like a little kid again, I watch my reflection as Baek concentrates on brushing the mane.

            “It’s eight in the morning, we have to get up early in order to leave this place, or else everyone will want to go with us, and that isn’t going to be the deal” I chuckled, Baek was a good soul it just makes me sad about what Kyungsoo told me about him last night.

            “Alright your hair is all made up so now, food and then shopping!” I swear his voice went up an octave or two. He was fabulous. When we walked out of the bathroom I noticed Baekhyun slightly limping.

            “Are you okay?” I ask, and he smiles brightly. “Yes, I am. Now come on, let’s eat.”

            I was led into the same kitchen from last night where a small plate consisting of bacon, eggs, and some sausage. My mouth was salivating at the scent; Baekhyun rushed me to finish the food just in case the others were awoken by the smell of this delicious food. I hurried as fast as I could gulping down every bite.

            “Alright, here’s a jacket to kind of cover what you’re wearing but soon that will all change. Don’t hold back, you’re lucky my parents are rich and love me.” heading to the mall Baek couldn’t stop talking.

            “So, Lauren, how are you?” I groaned silently. “I’m fine Baek, really.”

            We swung into a large parking lot and parked before entering a huge mall with stores everywhere. Baekhyun grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me store to store and got me whatever I, well he thought suited me. I also tried to get him clothes I thought looked good on him till I came across a black jacket. I smirked holding it up and he looked my way.

            “Have you ever thought of having a bad boy look?” He turned his head slowly, and his mouth fell open. “Oh my God Lauren…I swear I’ve known you in the past life!” he tried on the jacket and strutted and did some poses for me causing me to laugh and cause a riot in the middle of the store with my cat calls and bursts of “Work it!” this is the most fun I’ve had in forever and it felt great.

            He ended up buying the jacket and wore it the whole day, as I had my arm linked with Baekhyun I look up and Eric stood inches away from me. I suddenly stopped, heart dropping, Eric’s smile was evil, his black hair darker than normal.

            I told you he was bad news Lauren, it doesn’t take you long to move on now does it?  

            “You okay?” Baek shook me, and I felt so stiff, so cold, I was paralyzed with fear. Eric winked and strode over to me lifting up my chin. This has never happened before, before I would go through him.

            Pearl? Seriously is that what he called you? An ugly thing that an oyster coughs up? I called you so much more. I gave you everything and yet here you are, being stupid.

            Baekhyun swung my body towards him and looked me dead in the eyes, worry and fear bestowed in the dark orbs.

            “Listen to me, not whatever or whoever is getting at you. We’re going to go home, okay? Home.” I tried to nod, I tried to blink.

            Your home is with me Lauren, not with these disgusting freaks

            “Take me home Baek, take me home now” I whispered to him, not daring to look at Eric.

            When we got into the car I explained the whole thing and Baekhyun listened intently.

            “My goodness dear, you have a lot on your shoulders…but you’re strong.”

            “No I’m not.” I say, sighing depressingly. Baek then stomped on the breaks in the middle of the street and looked at me intensely.

            “Yes you are. Now say it, ‘I am strong’”

            “I am strong” I said, more afraid of us dying then me repeating a few words.

            He started to drive again and glanced in the rearview mirror before turning onto the familiar dirt road that led to the cabin mansion.

            When we entered the house Chanyeol was sitting on the couch, and jumped up when he saw Baekhyun and I enter the home.

            “Baekie~ did you bring us some food?” My eyes widened, dear lord this adult man sounded like a flirtatious drunk girl at a club!

            “No, Chanyeol…you’re perfectly capable of making yourself some food. Now where is Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol’s eyes hardened. “He hasn’t left his room yet.” Baek looked at Chanyeol and glared at him. “Go get him then” Chanyeol sighed harshly and stomped down the hallway briskly.

            “He’s my bitch” Baek muttered, causing me to giggle. I followed where Chanyeol was and found one of the room doors to be slightly cracked open; I pushed open the door and was met with a Chanyeol holding a drunken Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s eyes were gold and pierced me where I stood. Chanyeol turned to see where his eyes were glaring and caught my fear stricken face.

            “I-I can come back later…” I mumbled.

            “Lauren wait…” Kyungsoo whined. He sounded so broken, I came into the room fully to see bottles of beer scattered everywhere. I stood behind where Chanyeol was crouched and Kyungsoo’s gaze didn’t leave mine for a moment.

            “You know, Kai talked about you all the time…he liked you a lot. He liked you more than me and now he’s never coming back…he’s never-“This little squishy person was now crumbling. I leaned down next to Chanyeol and gave him a reassuring look that told him I could do this. He handed Kyungsoo to me and I held him as we sat on the floor. I rushed my fingers through his smooth and shiny soft hair. The last time I held someone this close it was Eric, now it’s my boyfriend’s best friend. “Soo, remember what you told me? Everything is going to be all right. It may not be that way right now, but it will be. I think I’m still learning that, and so are you. Hell yeah this whole thing with Kai hurts, he loved you. Listen to me, he loved you.” I wiped away his tears and kissed his forehead holding as tight as I could. “Don’t forget that.”