Safe Haven

“Lauren, Here’s the blanket you covered me up with…” I looked down to see myself in just my bra and underwear, blushing fiercely. He handed me the zebra blanket, eyes downward.

            We were on the main road heading God knows where, Kyungsoo by my side.  He glanced at me, then back to the road before speaking up again.

            “What happened to Kai?”

            I swallowed the familiar lump in my throat the day Eric died.

            “I don’t know, we were…being intimate and he just started shifting and he told me to take you and run…” I gasped out, feeling hot bothersome tears flow again.

            Kyungsoo stopped walking and embraced me. “It’s going to be okay Lauren”

            And here I was sobbing, on the side of the road, into my boyfriend’s best friend’s shirt, half naked and losing my sanity the emotional strain became too much to the point I was on my knees.

            “I don’t want him to die, dear God, please!” Kyungsoo stiffened against me.

            And he didn’t speak another word, for awhile until he pulled out his cell phone and put it to his ear, tears present from the glare of the screen.

            “Hey, Baek? Yeah, it’s Kyung. I have Kai’s mate, we need somewhere to stay...” He paused trying to compose himself, “Okay. We will be there soon.” He then turned to me and gave me a small smile.

            “We are going somewhere safe, okay?” His voice cracked, and I continued to quietly sob. He wrapped his arm around me and we continued down the road. Cars passed slowed down a couple of times to ask if we needed a ride, but Kyungsoo would smile brightly, forgetting his sadness for a moment and tell them we were okay. We were far from it…

            With constant trudging, we finally made a turn down a dirt road that was surrounded by woods, and well hidden too, perfect place for werewolves. The house was huge, it looked like a three story cabin mansion.

            When we rang the doorbell, a guy who was very pretty looking, and was wearing eyeliner pulled Kyungsoo into a hug. Then he looked over at me, he frowned and then pulled me into a tight hug before showing us into the beautiful home.

            “I’m Baekhyun, and you must be Lauren.” I nodded weakly still gripping the zebra blanket against my body. He led me over to a couch, where aside from that was the hugest living room I have ever witnessed in my life.

            A much taller male who was very handsome, with goblin like ears came walking in, and I remembered him from when I yelled at Kai. He froze in his place, gawking at me.

            “Jesus Baek, get her some clothes.” Baekhyun jumped at the sound of his deep voice and he scrambled up and bowed before running off to get some clothes for me.

            “Hello Lauren, I’m Chanyeol. Kai told me A LOT about you.” He smiled sadly. Kyungsoo glared at him from beside me, and Chanyeol averted his glare and kept looking at me directly.

            “You know, not to be rude. But you smell horrible. Would you want to use one of our showers?” Baekhyun then came in with a bundle of clothes.

            “T-that would be n-nice thank you” I stammered out, my tongue felt thick for some reason. Kyungsoo squeezed my shoulders. “I’ll show you the way, Baek follow me.” Baekhyun nodded and obeyed. Chanyeol still stood where he first froze and watched me as I was led to a shower.