I'm Sorry

Kai’s POV

            “Hello? Chanyeol? I need help, and fast. They’ve got Lauren.”

            “I’ll grab the gang and be right over.”

            When we arrived at the storage place, my eyes automatically caught Kris holding Lauren. She looked so afraid, which made my blood boil, and my inner being crave the taste of sweet revenge. I couldn’t wait to feel Kris’s neck snap from my jaws. With one quick motion he threw Lauren aside with the back of his hand sending her frail body to crash into the concrete floor with a thump. That was all it took for me to shift. My gang behind me lurched forward hungry for a kill just as I was. We haven’t done this in so long, and it felt so blissful.

            Kyungsoo beside me patted my back and me my eyes, nodding his head, signaling it was okay for me to let go. His milky chocolate eyes went gold in seconds, his smirk he shot my way showed his canines already lengthening. I shuddered with pleasure just thinking about shredding something apart.

            Kris made his way through the bodies of our old pack, to find his way over to me. Around us, women and men and my gang all lashed at each other, not holding their beasts back. I smirked at Kris in a challenge, yes he was taller and had more muscle, but I had more balance and precision than he did. I knew him like the back of my hand; I had to since he was my old alpha.

            He looked down at me and grinned showing off his menacing beauties called fangs, and I chuckled.

            “I’m not going to submit to you, you should know me by now.”

            His grin fell slightly, as his eyes hardened.

            “Come on, Jongin. We really don’t need to do this, do we? Can we just kill each other already?”

            I scoffed what a prick.

            “I don’t think so.” Before I could even get a chance to do what I wanted, a loud crash sounded from Laurens direction. I could smell Kyungsoo’s health levels dropping from where I stood. My heart raced, the whole place went fuzzy, and there were only two people I had to get to. Lauren and Kyungsoo. When I embraced Lauren, her scent was so pure. It was more heightened now since I didn’t change back to human yet, she had a few bruises on her, nothing major, and she was okay. Now for Kyungsoo, I almost lost control with everyone there around me. He is my best friend, and I can’t ever lose him. I hope to some powerful source somewhere that Lauren won’t leave me because of what I am deep down. I can’t lose her either. I picked Soo up in my arms and held him there, staring at him, checking everywhere for anything serious. He was pushed into boxes filled with camera rolls, which were laced with silver, and for our kind that is the only weakness for us. That and well, humans.

            That’s when her innocent voice chimed in. “Kai we need to get him to a hospital” it tore at what soul I hope I contain how much she cared.

            “Don’t worry Lauren, it’s hard to kill one of us, you know?” that moment. That moment right there is where I felt her anger seep throughout her body, I just said something completely stupid and I wasn’t thinking straight before I even said it. She yelled at me, and I deserved every utter of her lips to tell me just exactly how she felt. I knew at this moment she wasn’t going to leave me, because she cared too much. She wanted even the friends I had who she didn’t even know, to be safe. She was my beautiful, feisty pearl.

            The way she looked at Soo, curled up in her lap in the back seat made my heart warm. They were going to be close, I could tell. And that made me genuinely happy. Because there is another thing Lauren doesn’t know about me is the fact that my human form is slowly decaying, where the beast within me is taking over more and more. One day she is going to wake up to me, stuck in my shift, stuck as the beast that is if, somehow I end up killing it. I’m sorry Lauren but if dying is the way for me to protect you from hell, I will do it.

            “Kai…I’m sorry”

            I couldn’t say anything at first; I just looked back at her and smiled.

            “It’s okay; I’ll explain everything when we get home”

            She smiled back, and I couldn’t help but think about what me being a lycanthrope and all has cost me. I was born from a female mother and a lycanthrope father. During the birth my mother died having me, and somehow that transmitted some disease to the human part of my body. It’s weak, and frail. The beast part of me is more dominant, although I keep it hidden well. The tock is clicking for me, and soon my human skin is going to shed leaving me undesirable and incurable as if I wasn’t already. There is no use trying to save me, when I’m destined to fall anyways.

            When we reached her apartment, with her carrying Kyungsoo, I lifted up her face with my hand and stared into her eyes.

            “I want you to know I care about you, very much so. And if something ever happens, I want you to forget me. I want you to be move on, understand?”

            Her eyes widened, and tears welled up, she’s so human it kills me.

            “Kai, I can’t do that. I can’t lose you. What’s wrong?”

            I could feel her heart racing, I tried so hard to keep my emotions intact, I wouldn’t break in front of her, not yet.

            “I’m not saying now Lauren, I’m saying when the time comes, and you will know when that is, leave me behind and keep running.”

            She stared at me in disbelief, she was scared, and she was hurt and confused.

            “Kai…”

            “Let’s not talk about this now, okay? You have been through enough today and you need to sleep.”

            And with that, I made up my mind. I will find the answer with death, or with hell, and so far I’m at the crossroads.

**What did you guys think of this chapter? Sorry I haven’t updated in awhile I had to study hard to get my permit, and guess what? I flippin passed it :D so I’ve been driving for the last few days and believe me it is scary as hell but also kind of cool haha, anyways, updating soon, I love ya'll**