13

Andy-

"Andy, someone just dropped this off for you." I heard Mikey say as he shook my shoulder.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Rye was still laying beside me, snoring peacefully, his arm now draped over my lap from when I sat up. I looked up to see Mikey holding a letter. I took it from him and thanked him before he left the room.

I looked at the letter see it written in very familiar handwriting. I started reading it.

Dear Andrew,

I know this isn't expected and I know that when you receive this it'll be a shock. At the time that I'm writing this, I know that my time is coming soon. I know that you'll be upset and I know that you'll be struggling with this. But I'm writing this letter to possibly put you at ease.

I know that I'll be missed by you, and I don't say that out of vain. I say that because I know you, and I know that you'll be upset about my passing. I know that your father has put you through a lot lately, and other people who will remain unamed by me.

I just wanted to say that I love you. Please don't let your life get tied up because of me. I'm not saying to forget about me, but please, forget about the pain. Know that I'm safe when your reading this, I'm in a better place.

I love you, Andrew. Oh, and please take care of Rye. I saw his eyes when you visited me. I don't want him breaking too.

Love, Your Mother.

I read it over and over again. It sent me into shock. Tears fell from my eyes, but it was a light, steady stream. I wiped them away and stood up, making sure not to wake Rye. I walked to my room and opened my bed side table drawer, grabbing my journal and opening it, placing the letter between the pages.

I stood there for a minute and took a deep breath. I placed the journal back in the drawer and closed it tightly. I turned around to be met by a tall figure. I jumped a bit.

"Sorry I scared you." Rye stated chuckling a bit.

I giggled and took a step towards him, looking up into his eyes. He smiled down at me. I paid attention to his eyes. They were the same brown, but a bit faded. I frowned and placed my hands along his jawline.

"I love you, Rye. Just know that you can always talk to me." I whispered. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes, letting out a long sigh. He looked back down at me after a long pause.

"I'm alright, Andy." He whispered, placing his hands on my hips. I sighed but decided not to push anything at the moment.

"Well then smile, I miss your damn smile. And I miss being happy with you. Let's forget about everything for at least today and just be happy." I said, scanning his face with my eyes. He smiled. I felt my cheeks flush pink.

"I'd love that." He responded before pulling me against him and connecting our lips.

We both smiled against each other's lips. It had been too long since we had taken a minute to just enjoy a moment like this, just us, and the other's company. We pulled away minutes later.

"I like this 'being happy' thing, but what changed? I mean, considering that we both had mental breakdowns last night and practically cried to sleep." He asked. I removed my hands from his face and slid them down to his arms where they meet his shoulders.

"I don't know. I...I just feel like my mum wouldn't want me to be so upset and, well, broken. And right now all I want is to make her happy and make her proud, even if she isn't here anymore." I replied softly, examining his facial expressions.

"Andy, babe, your mum would be happy and proud of you no matter what. But I think your right, she'd rather see you happy then...broken." He said, looking from my eyes to lips, back to my eyes. I smirked.

"I know. Now enough talk and kiss me, Beaumont." I whispered before placing my lips on his again.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

~

-|This took longer than I expected, I'm sorry. Also, if anyone has any song suggestions for the next book in this series please comment and help me out! But please don't be offended if I say no to a song, I will still need it to fit a story line that goes along with this one and my ideas to end this book. Idk if that is too much to ask but I'mma ask it anyway lol you don't have to give me any suggestions.|-