9

-|Don't forget to comment your questions on the last chapter!!❤️|-

Andy-

We arrived at the hospital and I was quick to get out, speed walking up to the front desk. Rye was close behind, his hand on the small of my back. I asked the lady for my mum's room number and I immediately went there.

I stopped just outside the door and turned around, coming face to face with Rye.

"What's up, baby?" He asked quietly and placed his hand on my cheek. I could feel my face getting hot and the tears falling from my eyes.

Rye wasted no time and pulled me into his chest, his arm wrapped safely around my shoulders. He kissed my forehead and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry." I whispered when he pressed our foreheads together.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked gently and looked deep in my eyes.

"I wasn't gonna cry. I shouldn't be crying." I replied, looking down. Rye shook his head and cupped both of my cheeks in his hands.

"It's ok to cry, Andy. Your mum is ill, I wasn't expecting you to not cry. Now, go in there and see her. I bet she misses you just as much as you miss her." He said and put his hands on my shoulders. I sighed and nodded.

"Thank you." I whispered. I reached up and hooked finger under his chin. I brought our lips together in a short yet much needed, comforting, love filled kiss.

We pulled away and I turned once again to the door. I took a deep breath before placing my hand on the handle and pushing the door opening.

There was my mum, laying on a hospital bed, book in hands. She looked quite a bit different. There were dark circles under her eyes and she was a lot thinner. She was always a petite woman, but she now looked tinier than ever.

When she heard the door click shut, her eyes shot up from her book. When the bright blue eyes that we're so similar to mine met my own, her face lit up and she smiled. She looked relieved.

"Andrew." She breathed quietly. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. I rushed to her side, taking her fragile hand in mine.

"Don't cry, mum." I whispered and wrapped her up in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry it's just I thought I would never get to see you again." She replied with a small smile.

I took a moment to take in more of the differences. She was noticably pailer and her eyes just didn't seem to shine the way they normally did. Her hands shook a bit as she placed her book on the bedside table. Her hair didn't have it's usual shimmer and was so dull. Her smile didn't show those dimples that I got from her.

"Andy, I'm so sorry about your father." She whispered, voice shaking. I shook my hand and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Don't be sorry. There's... There's nothing anyone could do about it." I said and looked down at the floor. She sighed and let go of my hand, placing hers in her lap.

"Rye, you don't have to stand there, sweety. Please, come say hello." He said, making me smile brightly.

I throught she would hate Rye. I was so scared that she would. But it turns out that she still adores him just as much as she used to.

I looked to Rye to see a gentle, warm smile snake its way into his face. He walked over to us and gently wrapped his arms around my mum. He was so careful with her.

I heard my mum whispering something to Rye but couldn't quite make out the words. He pulled away from her and softly smiled.

"You have my word." He said and then looked to me.

I smiled up at him and laid my head on his shoulder. My mum smiled brightly at us. There was a knock on the door and it opened.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we're going to need you to wait out here for a bit. We don't know how long this will take so it may be best if you just come back tomorrow." A nurse in a white uniform thing said as she entered the room, followed by an older man, the doctor.

My smile dropped from my face but I nodded my head anyways. I leaned down again and placed a kiss to my mum's forhead. She squeezed my arm lightly and then hugged Rye again before we were forced to leave the room.

When we were in the hallway on our way to the elevator, we were stopped by a younger looking doctor. He asked me for my name so I told him.

"Your mum, I wanted to inform you of some things. Her body isn't absorbing nutrients. Anything she puts down comes back up within a matter of a few hours. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there's not much we can do. It's only a matter of time before her body shuts down. We're trying our best." He said with a sympathetic look on his face. The same look he gives loads of people all day everyday.

I turned to Rye to see him already standing there, arms open, waiting for me to fall into them. Which I did. I felt as if I could cry and never stop, but I couldn't cry at all.

I had no tears left so the only thing that was escaping me were were small whimpers and if we weren't in a damn hospital I would've been screaming.

There were so many things I wanted to say. So many things I could have said. I was so angry that my mother that never did anything but good things had to be put in this situation. I wanted so badly for me to be in her position. I didn't want her to suffer. I can't bare to see her in pain.

"It's gonna be ok, Andy. Just trust me. Everything will be ok. I'm here, baby. Calm down."

~

-|Ugh I'm so emotional and I'm putting it into my writing. Sorry if this is really sad, well it is really sad, but yeah. Sorry. Hope you like it❤️|-