Storyteller Chapter 13

Val’s POV

I waited on Skype for maybe a minute before I got a request to chat from Alex Woods. I clicked yes and sat back trying to get comfortable. “Hey there beautiful”, a guy with long red hair hanging in his eyes and no shirt on said.

“Hi”, I said surprised that his voice was so different.

“So what were doing before this dirty girl”, he said winking at me with gray eyes.

“I’m not dirty”, I told him.

“Hey”, a familiar voice said, “what are you doing on my computer Max?”

“Talking to a pretty girl that you had searched up since this morning”, Max said proudly and I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Go outside and put a shirt on”, Alex said then he sat in front of the camera. I examined him carefully he was gorgeous I should have known that by his voice. He had short brown hair with short bangs that varied across his forehead and really nice sky blue eyes. He had no piercings on his face and no tattoos visible he was wearing a plain gray shirt with no jewelry. “So what is the verdict?” he said checking me out yet.

“Not bad I guess”, I said casually, “what is your verdict?”

“Beautiful not that I should have expected any less”, he said calmly but had a smirk on his lips.

“So is that your roommate?” I asked clearing my throat.

“Yeah Max is a big man whore”, he nodded.

“I hate getting all cleaned up and being called dirty”, I sighed.

“Yeah that must suck”, he agreed.

“I don’t get why guys are never called dirty is it something against girls?” I remarked.

“It all traces back to the belief in Eve and Adam”, he said thoughtfully.

“I think it’s the snake’s fault in that scenario though Adam and Eve were quite gullible”, I sighed.

“So I talked to your parents yesterday”, he commented.

“Yeah I heard about that when I got home at least they thought you were nice”, I said.

“They were very confused at the beginning and I didn’t tell them too much because I didn’t want to get you in trouble or anything”, he said guiltily.

“They were actually cool with it but my dad might come running into my room at any second to give you the talk”, I warned.

“Your little brother, Teddy was cool and your parents were actually nicer than you”, he said and I glared him down.

“I’m nice most of the time but I developed an attitude at an early age”, I said defensively.

“So I heard they were leaving for Greece again next week”, he said interested.

“Yeah Teddy finally gets to go with them”, I nodded, “they’re all going to somewhere remote and I get the house to myself”.

“Sounds fun I never get this place to myself”, he said.

“What about your parents where do they live?” I asked curiously.

“My parents are divorced and my mom lives nearby but she’s always out at dates so when I visit I usually get that place to myself”, he said absentmindedly.

“What about your dad?” I asked puzzled.

“He lives farther up closer to Canada and he’s a school teacher there I think”, he said seriously, “you didn’t tell me your parents were archaeologists that must be cool”.