Storyteller Chapter 3

Val’s POV

After that class we had Foods where we made butterscotch scones which were delicious. Next we had gym class and we were playing volleyball and I sucked at it but I didn’t run from the ball so I got a pretty good mark for the day. I had just finished my Science test and I was writing on my latest story, The End of the Well. When the final bell rang I saved my progress and went to my locker before meeting the girls outside. “I kicked that test’s butt”, Henri said as we climbed into my car.

“Nice but do tests have butts”, Nadia teased.

“In my world they do”, Henri replied, “my world rules”.

“It changes a lot when you were five it was Candy land and now it’s the world of test butt kicking”, I laughed.

“Damn straight though Candy land still plays a part in it”, she said happily.

“I have a new chocolate waterfall”, Nadia told us.

“I’m in what about you Val?” Henri said immediately.

“I just found out about a writer’s website I’m going to test it out”, I said shaking my head.

“Fine we’ll save you some fruit for next time”, Nadia said as we arrived at her house.

“Be good and don’t get yourself in trouble”, Henri said climbing out.

“Don’t go to Jail Land”, I told them both before going home.

“Hi sweetheart how was school?” my mom said as I walked in.

“Good we got to write short stories”, I said walking past her.

“What no hug for me?” she said pouting.

“I’m glad you’re home mom”, I said giving hr a big hug.

“I was gone too long you’re taller than me”, she said sadly.

“It’s fine I’m bound to be as tall as bad I got your good looks and his tallness”, I said when I pulled away.

“That’s right”, she said kissing me on the cheek, “now you go have fun you’re reading poetry tonight at five”.

“I love you mom”, I said hugging her again quickly then went into the kitchen and grabbed a mango before going into my room. I opened my computer and went to my Google search engine and typed in wattpad. Immediately I got tons of opinions and I hit the one that said Wattpad- Discover a World of Unlimited Stories. It opened to a new page with orange on the top and white writing saying Wattpad. I looked down at the first story and I started reading it. I read stories on this new site until my dad knocked on my door.

“Sweet cheeks time for poetry”, he said knocking on the door.

“Thanks dad”, I said putting on my shoes and stepped outside, “you guys took Teddy to preschool today right”.

“I learned to count to ten”, Teddy said joining us.

“You grew up so fast”, I said kissing him all over his face.

“Girl germs”, he said when I finished.

“Be home by eight”, my dad said hugging me.

“Have I ever been late before?” I sighed.

“We’re making beer can chicken”, my mom said proudly.

“Don’t drive after you eat it”, I teased.

“You did good on your own”, dad said hugging me.

“I’m a big kid now”, I said hugging mom and Teddy then left and went to library where people of all ages were waiting for me. “Hey everyone”, I said sitting down in my seat.