Life or death

Legolas POV.

I aimed and fired for the large ork. The first arrow struck it in the shoulder opposite of the side he was carrying the blazing torch on. I shot again and it hit him in the other shoulder. I took the last possible shot and it buried itself in his chest with a thud. The ork took a powerful leap forward and I knew I was to late. My eyes flew the the people fighting bravely on the wall. Pure terror paralyzed my body as my eyes met Anastasia's. Her purple eyes were wide and contained a wild look. Her long black hair had started to fall out of her braid and long black strands hung around her face. I opened my mouth to yell but I was cut off by a deafening blast. I watched horrified as Anastasia's body was thrown limply backwards through the air as if she were weightless. Her head smashed into the ground and her purple eyes fluttered shut slowly as blood started to pour from a gash on her forehead. I became dizzy as I felt a wrenching pain shoot from the bond as I tried to cut it off. Finally forcing the bond to cut off I started to fight my way to get where she was. My only reassurance was the fact that I knew she was still alive because I was still alive. I stabbed an arrow into an orks eye and pushed it away. Every ork I killed the closer I got to Anastasia. I blindly killed as I fought to get closer to her. I was a few meters away when I saw her eyes slowly flutter open. But an ork close to her noticed to and raised his gleaming sword above her. I jumped forward but knew I would be to late. Right before the sword sliced her neck a blur of gold tackled the ork with unnatural speed and the ork fell to the ground. As they fell I recognized the blur as Leverin. Leverin slit open the orks neck with a dagger and jumped off it as black blood spilled out. I ran the last few steps and came to Anastasia's side, Leverin joined me. She looked up at us. " Is everyone okay!?" She asked with fear evident in her voice. I couldn't help but laugh a loud wild insane laugh. " Are you okay?" I countered. She smirked. " Of course!" She jumped up and put her hand to her head. When she brought it down it had blood on it. " Oh," She muttered looking slightly dizzy. I had to turn and fight as Leverin tied a piece of rough beige fabric from his shirt around her head to slow the blood. When they were done they jumped back into battle.

Anastasia POV.

The battle was fairing badly for us. Bodies were scattered around my feet and I was horrified to see the were mostly men. Their bodies laid twisted at inhuman angles. There eyes were open with a ghostly shine in the moonlight but the life that once burned in them was gone. Their faces still held the shocked looks of death in in them and the sickening grimaces of pain. Their deaths only angered me more. I fought harder, I made rough jagged stabs with my sword. I became one large deadly weapon with the accuracy that could split one single fine hair.

There were to many and the will of man was failing. " Fallback!" Aragorn's commanding voice burst through the thick air. I met Leverin's eyes and I knew we were on the same page. We would not retreat.

LEGOLAS POV.

Aragorn's voice rang out into the night. " FALLBACK, FALLBACK!" I stabbed through another ork with an arrow and pushed it off the broken wall. I turned to where Anastasia had been behind me seconds before to see her standing on the ledge. My eyes widened in fear as she smiled at me before spreading out her arm and falling backwards off the wall. " Wait." I screamed taking a running step forward seconds to late. Her body plummeted off the wall and out of sight. I turned eyes widened to Fallen and Leverin. Leverin just shrugged at me with a look that said what can you do? Before taking a running start and diving off the wall.

Fallen came forward and stabbed a ork behind me before taking my hand and spinning me around with surprising strength. " Look!" She shouted over the noise of metal clanging against metal. As I turned a huge glittering black dragon came surging upward with the speed of a comet, a larger golden coming up quickly behind her. She hovered for a moment and sprayed flames at the orks around us reducing them to smouldering ashes. Run! I heard he voice command in my head. I hesitated. GO LEGOLAS NOW. She screeched through my head as she turned in the air to swipe away some orks close by. Fallen grabbed my hand and started to pull me away. " Come she is buying us time!" Fallen shouted. I started to run which turned into a sprint following Fallen closely.

ANASTASIA POV.

I dove through the air and rain, the wind whistling around me. At the last moment I spread my powerful wings relentlessly blasting flames at the orks below me. Using flames cost me energy though and I landed on the ground with a loud thud. Orks surrounded me swinging swords and axes wildly. Their blows bounced off my jewel like hide uselessly. As they realized they could not wound me they started to back off. I pounced on a group of them like a cat. I felt them crumbling below me like brittle leaves. Instincts kicked in and I slashed around at anything that moved excluding the gold blur that was Leverin.

I took a leap for some orks spreading out my wings so they would carry me further. As my leathery wings spread out I felt multiple arrows tear through my wing sending me crashing to the ground in pain, landing on a few orks as I went down. I let out a loud terrible screech of pain that carried over the battle field causing everything near me to flinch in pain as well.

LEGOLAS POV.

I heard a terrible sound ringing through the keep, a sound of pain and agony. I felt a horrible pain ripping through the bond. I slide to my knees in pain. Aragorn rushed over holding my arm. " Legolas! Legolas what is it!?" He said waving his hand in front of my face. Fallen came to my side doing a poor job trying to cover up a concerned look. " He feels Anastasia's pain. " She said worry laced her quiet voice. " We must go help her." Aragorn said his hand flying to the handle of his sword. Fallen put her hand on Aragorn's shoulder stopping him. " You can not help her, Leverin will protect her you must stay here." She said calmly.

I pulled my hands to the sides of my head trying to stop the pain. Suddenly I felt something stab my side through the bond and I fell to the cold stone ground on my back gasping in pain. " Shhh...." Fallen came over to me taking my shaking hands in her cool ones. " You need to cut off the bond." She whispered in a soothing voice. I nodded slightly trying to push the pain out of my head and cut the bond. I was fighting the bond and losing. I struggled trying to draw my mind away from the bond but it relentlessly kept its hold on my mind. With one final push I felt my mind burst free. I took in a gasp of air and lay limp panting on the stone ground. " Are you alright?" I faintly heard Aragorn's voice ask as if he was speaking to me from a distance. I nodded with my eyes close. I slowly sat up still panting, " Why was that so hard?" I asked cringing as I heard the fear in my voice. Fallen sighed rubbing her temple. " The longer you have the bond for the harder it becomes to break it eventually you will not be able to."

I am back! Vacation was awesome!! I have a favour to ask you guys. I know how I imagine Anastasia's character but I am wondering is if that's how you people see her, so my favour is could you put in the comments how you see her character? :) Bye!! Have an awesome day!!!!