Flight of the dragon

LEGOLAS POV.

I watched her fly off. Her black jewel like scales glittering in the fading sunlight. She was beautiful. " What have you done!" I yelled angrily, just as I saw the last of the glittering black scales disappear over the horizon. Gimli walked up to me and patted me ruffly on the shoulder with his stubby hands. I shook him off. " Do not worry. She tricked you and lied to you, you will soon see that." Boromir slowly released his tight grip on my arms. " We are blessed that she is gone." Boromir said. Aragorn still looked shocked. Then he shook his head, his long dark brown locks swinging. " I am not so sure.... Gandalf would have told us if she was dangerous right?" He asked in an unsure voice. Confusion swam in his dark brown eyes. I sank to the ground. She needed help, she would die without it. Her wounds were so deep and she was losing blood fast. I looked down and saw her scarlet blood drying on my hands from when I had tried to heal her.

" We must not linger." Aragon said firmly. I looked around and saw the hobbits. They all had tears in their eyes. Most of all Pippin looked distressed. His eyes had gone large and watery and his bottom lip quivered slightly. " Give them a moment for pity's sake." Boromir begged. " If we stay we will be attacked by night fall. We must leave. Frodo had started to wander off. " Frodo." Aragorn called. Frodo turned back with tears in his eyes. His messy brown curls were falling in his eyes. Aragorn motioned for him to come with the group. The group started off and they started to enter the forest when I ran up to Aragorn and grabbed his muscular arm stopping him. " We must go after Anastasia!" I said in a panicked voice I wish I was able to control. " No, weather she was good or evil we need to continue on the path. Anyways she is to far gone now, didn't you see how far she flew!" He said ignoring the distress in my voice. " Then I will go alone!" I raised my voice. Now all that was left of the fellowship stopped and listened to us. " Legolas you will not be going anywhere! I can not let you go it is to dangerous. I will keep you with this group even if it is by force." His voice had gotten louder and firmer. I took a step back anger building up inside of me. He sighed. " Legolas the only reason I do this is because you are my friend and I do not want you hurt." He said kindly. " If you were my friend you would let me go!" I hissed. " You will thank me for this one day. Now will you come with us on your own or do we have to do this by force?" He asked me in an attempt to make it sound like I had some choice. " I will come." I growled. He patted me on the shoulder. " I am glad my friend." He murmured. Then he spoke louder. " We continue."

We hurried through the forest. I could often feel Aragon's, Boromir's or Gimli's eyes on me. It bothered me deeply. The deeper we went the taller and grander the trees were. The forest was silent in an erie sort of way. The branches creaked in the slight breeze sending shivers down my spine. This forest was not like my home. I heard Gimli talking to the hobbits. His loud boasting voice carried the through the trees.

Suddenly I heard the quiet loading of bows and before I knew it we were surrounded by elves. I loaded my own bow pointing it at one of the elves. " The dwarf breaths so loud I could have shot him in the dark." He laughed confidently. I slightly smiled. I recognized this elf. " Haldir!" I said warmly. " Legolas my friend, it has been long since I have seen you." I smiled. " We need shelter and food." I asked. " Of course follow me." He said as the elves lowered their bows.

We soon entered a city made of trees. We were greeted by the most beautiful elf. She had Long wave and flowing bleach blond hair. Her blue eyes sparkled. She had fair perfect skin and had a slight aurora around her. Gadriel " Welcome. The enemy know you are here. What hope you had of secrecy is now gone. Eight are here yet ten left from Rivendale. Tell me where is Gandalf? I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from a far." He voice was dreamlike and silky. Aragorn spoke softly. " I am sorry my lady..... he fell." His voice broke at the last part. I looked down not able to look her in the eyes. " And Anastasia? I met her once long ago when she travailed with Gandalf and I miss her company." She spoke softly trying to get our attention. " I am sorry to tell you m'lady but she was not what you thought her to be." He said calmly. " If you are referring to the fact that she is a dragon I am we'll aware of that." She said in an knowing voice. Hope returned to me. I looked up sharply. Gadriel stared at me with her light blue eyes. Remember. she whispered to me in my head. Remember? Remember what!? I asked panicked. No respond came. "Where is she?" Gadriel asked again. " We drove her off. Well Gimli and I did. Legolas did not understand that we needed to get ride of her." Boromir said proudly. My anger shot past its end point. " NO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. HOW COULD YOU KNOW. I HAVE BEEN ALIVE THOUSANDS OF YEARS MORE THAN YOU. COMPARED TO ME YOU ARE AN INFANT. SHE MENT NO HARM. IF SHE DID SHE WOULD HAVE KILLED US LONG AGO." I raised my voice my anger in complete control of me now. I turned on my heel and ran deep into the forest. The last thing I heard her say was. " I think it's time you heard the story of the dragons.