Chapter 31: Super Duper Nasty Torture

The word "GUILTY" flashed on the small screen above the slots, and confetti blasted from the machine.
"So...I really lost, huh?" Bodil asked with a large smile. "I've never felt the despair of losing before! Or the despair of death! This'll be despairingly great! Ahahahaha!"
The large, red button rose out from the floor in front of his throne.
"So you've all won, then!" He exclaimed. "You've beaten the mansion of despair...and you all get to leave and go to the outside world! Wonder if you'll accomplish anything out there. Well, I won't be there to find out!"
His hand hovered over the button. "Hehe, I wonder what despairingly gruesome execution awaits me?"
Everyone watched as Bodil pushed the button.
On the screen of the button panel, the usual pixel animation popped up. A Bodil sprite stood behind a red background. 'GAME OVER!' read the screen in white pixellated text. 'Bodil has been found guilty. Commencing execution.'
Herobrine came on to the screen. Except this time, instead of him dragging Bodil off the screen by the neck, he took Bodil's hand and led him off the screen.

≪≫

SUPER DUPER NASTY TORTURE

Bodil stood proudly on top of a tower of two diamond ore blocks. He still held the large grin on his face, and he waved one hand high above his head. Behind him was dark, but the lights flicked on and revealed what lay behind him; TNT blocks, zombies, a target, a large bow and quiver, a parkour map, and large blades shaped like diamond pickaxes, all coming together for one super duper nasty torture.

The Big Bang

Bodil was surrounded by TNT. However, he wasn't held back by any sort of chains, so he could move freely. Suddenly, it lit off with a huge BOOM, but Bodil was just blasted into the air, whooping and laughing excitedly.

Apocalypse

Bodil was surrounded by zombies. But this time, he was equipped with a diamond sword. He slashed through all the zombies, laughing as he decapitated and stabbed all of them, until finally they were no more.

Bullseye

The large target stood once again with the large bow and arrow facing it. The arrows flung at the target, except there was nobody inside the hole where the bullseye would go this time. Bodil was standing on the arrow that hit the bullseye, and rode it as it hit the target, leaping off just as it hit with a laugh.

X-Run

Bodil leaped through the X-Run parkour with ease, outrunning the lava. He made it to the final platform, but before it shot up into the ceiling, another platform rose out of the lava, and he jumped off dramatically, doing a flip mid-air, landing on the new platform. The platform he had just escaped smashed into the ceiling.

DIAMOND MINE

Bodil sat upon the two-blocked Diamond Ore tower, one leg crossed and bouncing as the conveyor belt pulled him backwards. He rode carelessly with his big grin as each blade just narrowly missed him. He didn't even bat an eye.
Finally, he came to the third blade. The conveyor belt stopped him right in the path of the third blade. Bodil turned his head to passively watch the blade come down, but looked up in surprise as light purple electricity shot up through the blade, and it came to a slow, creaky halt, gently touching Bodil's leg without even breaking skin.
In front of the tower, Bodil turned his attention as light purple electricity jerked around on the floor in front of him. It slowly rose up and became the form of a person.
AlterSorcerer.
Bodil chuckled. "You're saving me too, huh?" he asked the AI.
But AlterSorcerer said nothing. For once his face was blank, and he wasn't smiling brightly. He just blinked calmly at Bodil. Bodil looked confusedly down at the AI, but uncrossed his legs and prepared to slide off the tower.
He never saw Herobrine rise up from behind the tower with a diamond sword.
He never expected it until he saw the sword jutting out of his chest.

≪≫

Everyone watched in silence as Herobrine silently slid the sword out of Bodil, leaving a large, bright pink bloody hole in his chest, and disappeared into thin air. AlterSorcerer glitched away into lavender particles that eventually faded as well.
Bodil let out a gagging noise, and clumsily slid off the tower, falling to his knees below it as blood poured out onto his half-and-half suit.
"That's it, then," Ty said, and everyone turned to him. "Bodil is dead. You've all shown your true hope."
"That means we get to leave now, right?" Brice asked excitedly. Ty nodded, and gave a small smile. "I honestly wasn't sure if you all were going to make it! But then I saw that Tyler wasn't fazed by Bodil's despair. I wonder why. He should have been a secret agent."
"Yeah, that's right!" Ryan exclaimed. "Tyler saved us all from Bodil and his despair." He grinned at Tyler.
"Tyler, you pretty much saved our lives!" Jason exclaimed. He was a lot less timid now; Tyler was guessing that it had been an act as a 'secret agent.'
"Well, I was just doing what I thought was best..." Tyler explained modestly.
"Well, like Jason said, it saved us all from being here forever," Quentin pointed out.
"Wooo, Tyler!" Jerome whooped.
"Ty, what's wrong?" Brice asked, looking concernedly over at Ty. Ty's eyes looked rather dull, and was it just Tyler or did he seem more transparent now...?
"I think it's time I headed back now..." Ty explained.
"You're leaving?!" Jason exclaimed. Ty nodded. "I'm not an AI like AlterSorcerer. I'm a ghost!" He smiled and pulled up his shirt to reveal many puncture holes in his torso. They weren't bloody, so Tyler could actually see right through them.
"Oh, god! You never told us you still had those," Ryan exclaimed.
Ty shrugged.
"Wait...speaking of AlterSorcerer," Tyler said, "What was he doing? And Herobrine, too?"
Ty looked thoughtful. "Well, I'm assuming Herobrine respawned, and wasn't too happy with Bodil. I don't think AlterSorcerer was happy with him either. Maybe the two teamed up to kill him?"
"Then where are they now?" Jerome asked. "I don't know," Ty admitted. He looked down at his hands, which were almost completely invisible now.
"Well, my work here is done. But promise me, all of you...bring hope back to Minecraftia!"
Everyone nodded determinedly, and watched as Ty faded away completely.
Everyone stared at the spot where Ty had disappeared for a moment, until they heard a ragged breathing behind them. They all whipped around to see Bodil staggering down the hallway to the execution room, the place where Ian was once dragged down by the neck.
They all watched warily as Bodil stumbled forward. He wore a big smile with a trail of blood streaming out the corner of his mouth. Blood was also flowing from the hole in his torso, staining his clothes and trailing down his legs.
He reached the end of the hallway and stumbled to the right until he leaned against the wall for support. He shakily reached into his pocket and held out something in his hand to Tyler.
Tyler hesitantly took it. It was a key.
"F-front...door..." Bodil rasped, still grinning. He coughed and his whole body shook, and more blood came from his mouth.
They all stepped back as Bodil sank to his knees, then collapsed on the floor altogether. He didn't get back up.

≪≫

The six houseguests stood in front of the large armored door.
"This is it, huh?" Jerome said, looking at the door.
"Yeah." Jason said blankly.
There was silence.
"We'll never forget the others, right?" Brice asked suddenly.
"Of course not!" Ryan exclaimed. "If we're gonna fight for hope out there, we have to remember those that died to help us get here!"
Brice nodded.
Tyler cautiously put the key into the keyhole of the door, but didn't turn it.
"We'll just have to stick together," Quentin said. "Maybe find the place Ty was working for. There has to be an organization, right?"
Tyler nodded. "No matter what happens, we won't fall to despair again."
Tyler turned the key.