Chapter Nine : Do You Really Even Care?

« If they really care,
they'll show it »

« If they really care, they'll show it »

"Eliot! Eliot!"

The voice yelling seemed distant. I couldn't tell who was yelling, but I knew it sounded like they were in trouble....or that I was in trouble.

"Eliot come on! Wake up it's been a week!" They yelled.

I can't. I want to, but I can't.

"Charlotte, yelling won't wake him up." Another voice said.

Charlotte. It was Charlotte. She's here.

"I know but.....maybe we should have left him in the hospital. They'd take better care of him than me." Charlotte mumbled.

"I know him, he'd rather wake up at home than in a gross hospital." The second person replied.

That second voice, it's Jared. How does Jared know Charlotte?

"I know but.."

Someone sniffled. It wasn't Jared, it was Charlotte. Was she crying? What happened?

"Come here. He'll be ok Charlotte. Eliot's strong, he always is." Jared said comfortingly.

She's crying because of me.

I heard them walking and then a door close. I tried opening my eyes to get to Charlotte, but they wouldn't open. No matter how hard I tried. 

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥

" Hey Eliot " Charlotte spoke.

I don't know exactly how long I've been like this, but I know it's been a while. Charlotte comes in here everyday just to sit and talk. Even though I can't reply back it feels like she knows that I can still hear her. Jared comes in too, just to talk as well. Jared tells me about how things have been a mess, how Charlotte's been a mess. I never expected Charlotte to care about me as much as Jared says she does. Maybe he's exaggerating it or maybe he's lying, but I'm happy she cares. I wish I could see her.

"Please, just wake up." Charlotte said.

I've tried Charlotte. I've almost given up on trying. Yet here I was, trying again. For her.

I felt something grab my hand. Someone's fingers slowly wrapped around my hand and I wanted to smile. I tried to move my hand, even just a little, but I didn't feel it move.

"Eliot?" Charlotte asked.

Did it work? I moved my hand again and tried to hold hers. Charlotte gasped quietly before asking if I was ok. I tried opening my eyes. It didn't work the first few times but after awhile, my eyes slowly opened, but quickly closed again due to the light.

"Oh god, here."

Charlotte's hand left my own and the lights turned off. I opened my eyes and took a look around the room. I was back in my room at my apartment. Everything was normal, and Charlotte was here.

"Eliot." Charlotte said.

I looked at her and smiled. Suddenly Charlotte ran and hugged me.

"I thought I killed you." Charlotte cried into my shoulder.

"Can't get rid of me that easily." I joke, my voice quiet.

"Do you need anything? Water or Advil?" She asked as she looked up at me.

"Water." I replied.

"JARED BRING UP A GLASS OF WATER!" Charlotte screamed, making my head throb with pain.

I moved my hand up to my head and groaned.

"Oh my god. Sorry." Charlotte apologized.

Footsteps quickly made their way up the stairs and the door to my room opened.

"Hey man. Thought you were dead." Jared smiled as he handed me some water.

"You wish." I said after I took a sip of the water.

"You can't die. Who else would bail me out of horrible situations?" Jared laughed.

It's true. Every time Jared gets into some trouble I'm always the one to get him out of it.

"Should we take him to the hospital?" Charlotte asked Jared.

"I think he'll be fine." Jared answered.

"But what if—"

"Charlotte, I'm ok." I interrupted her.

"You sure?" She asked as she turned to me.

"One hundred percent." I smiled.

Charlotte sighed before walking out of the room.

"How long was I out?" I asked curiously.

"Almost two months man. I thought you'd never wake up." He answered with a sigh.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"For what? It's not your fault the ride fell down." He said with a scowl.

Did Charlotte not tell him the whole story? Probably not knowing her.

"I know, but you know me, that's just the type of person I am." I replied.

"Yeah. You're always the one that cares the most about people." Jared smiled.

"So, can I get up and move around?" I asked.

"You've got to ask your girlfriend. She's the one who's got strict rules when it comes to your health right now." He answered.

Was it possible Charlotte cared about my well being? Or was I just being used?

Probably the second option. After all, that is what happens to people here. You're used and thrown away like garbage. 

Chapter nine. I wonder how many lies Charlotte told Jared

Q: Favourite video game?

My answer: I don't play too many so I don't really have one.