Chapter Eighteen : The End

« Life is short »

I slowly woke up in one of the most cliché ways ever

I slowly woke up in one of the most cliché ways ever. The sun was shining threw my blinds and onto my face, Charlotte was curled up against me with her head rested on my chest and our legs were tangled together. I glanced at Charlotte and smiled. I loved her, I really did. I was so happy that I'd met her. And I knew I could never leave her.

Charlotte snuggled against me and my smile widened.

"Stop staring." She mumbled.

"Stop being cute." I challenged.

"Go away." She muttered.

I combed my fingers threw her long silver hair and started twirling it around my fingers. Charlotte sighed and she slowly started to fall asleep again.

"You can't fall asleep." I laughed.

"And why not?" She mumbled as she turned head away from the sun's harsh rays.

"We've got to go look for a way in again remember?" I replied.

"But it's too early." She complained.

"You'll be fine." I laughed as I removed the blankets from around us.

"Eliot! It's cold as hell!" Charlotte yelled as she sat up.

"The showers warm." I said with a wink as I got up and headed towards the bathroom.

"I hope your hot water tank broke or something." I heard her mumbled as I shut the door.

I let out a heartfelt laugh before turning on the shower and stepping inside.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻

"Do you know another entry point?" I asked as Charlotte and me stepped into the alleyway where I had first met Emith.

"The only other point I know is in Alaska. You wanna go to Alaska Eliot?" She said with a smirk at the end.

"No thank you. I really hate cold weather." I replied.

Charlotte let out a small laugh before knocking on the brick wall.

"Do you two honestly have a death wish? You shouldn't be here." Emith snapped at us as soon as he appeared.

"We just want to go home." Charlotte said.

"And you can't Char!! You know Nixon will kill you and him! You guys NEED TO LEAVE." He yelled.

"No." I replied.

"You two are stupid. I warned you. Hope you live." Emith said with a sigh before he disappeared.

Charlotte turned to me with a confused look on her face. A look that quickly turned into one of pure terror.

"Nixon's coming. He was warning us! We need to go. Now!" Charlotte said in a panic.

"What a smart woman you've become. Well, you're not too bring in some areas but hey who's counting." The familiar voice of Nixon laughed.

I glared as Nixon leaned against the wall and sent a smirk in my direction.

"Nixon come on. We just want back in." Charlotte pleaded.

"Why would I? You two are the human embodiment of broken rules. There aren't even a lot of rules and you broke them! Don't fall in love, how hard it that?" Nixon started to rant.

"The rules are stupid!" Charlotte screamed.

"No, the rules keep order. You see how many mortals have their lives ruined and how many lives are ended because people decided to fall in love! Love ruins us! Any emotion other than anger or happiness ruins us!" He yelled back.

The alley went quiet. It seemed like everything but the three of us were frozen.

"You two will pay for it."

That's when seven people appeared in the alley. They tackled me and Charlotte to the ground and forced us on our knees in front of Nixon.

"Why don't you explain why you got thrown out Charlotte? Why don't you tell little lost kid here who it was you got thrown out for?" Nixon laughed.

I looked to Charlotte and saw her staring at the ground with a sad expression on her face.

"Him." She whispered.

"What? I can't hear you. Please speak up darling." Nixon said.

"IT WAS ELIOT!" She yelled.

Me? It was me she fell in love with.

"It was young Eliot walking down the street with his girlfriend. A girlfriend who later became a horrible person in his eyes, but still his girlfriend. Charlotte may act like a cold hearted monster, but she loves Eliot. A love that is against the rules."

Charlotte then screamed. Her scream was so loud and high pitched that everyone that was holding us let go and covered their ears. Charlotte got up and grabbed my arm, dragging me up as well. We ran as fast as we could out of the alley and into the streets.

Once we got to a random bar, we stopped.

"We're ok. For now." Charlotte mumbled.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻

"Hey come on." I said as I pulled Charlotte outside and into the rain.

It had been about a week since we were trapped in the ally with Nixon. We had been scared that he would try and attack us or something again, but so far we were ok.

"What are we doing out here? It's raining Eliot!" Charlotte asked as we got outside.

"This." I replied with a smile.

I kissed her with a passion. I love her and I knew she loved me as well. Charlotte was amazing. She may act rude and mean at times but on the inside she's a loving and passionate person.

So we stood there, kissing in the rain, her in my arms, peacefully. Then it was ripped away. Someone grabbed my arms and pulled me away from her. I frantically looked to see someone else holding her as well. They forced us both down on our knees.

"Charlotte! What's going on?" I yelled.

"Rule number one: monsters can't fall in love Eliot." She spoke with tears in her eyes.

Then, everything and everyone, was gone.

I know it's Friday night (at least it is where I live) but I'm busy tomorrow so I'm posting now.

AHH so it's done. This is the ending of the book. Thanks for sticking through this and I hope you enjoyed