Chapter Three : Start Trying

« Everyone wants to
escape something »

I went home that night with my thoughts running wild

I went home that night with my thoughts running wild. Charlotte couldn't be crazy, she knew things I'd only ever kept to myself.

As I unlocked the door to my apartment I made sure to look all around the room for people, monsters and anything that didn't belong in my apartment. I wasn't sure what was watching me anymore. All I know is that I seriously need sleep.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥

As I slowly opened my eyes the memories from yesterday entered my head.

Maybe it was a dream? I quickly got ready for the day before getting myself a sandwich. I threw the sandwich into a bag before making my way to work. I needed to know if this was actually real.

I prayed that it was some crazy, messed up dream.

As I pulled into the parking lot I saw Jared had also just arrived.

"Jared!" I yelled as I got out of my car.

"Hey man." Jared greeted as I approached him.

"Do you...um...know what room the new girl was moved into?" I asked awkwardly.

"I think it was room two twenty seven." He answered.

"Thanks man " I yelled as I ran off.

I made my way towards the nearest elevator and pushed the button. I watched the dial on the top of the elevator say it was currently going down from floor twenty. I was on the first floor. I sighed before running to the stairs. The room Jared said Charlotte was in was on the seventh floor. I took a breath before starting my run up the stairs. Once I finally reached the seventh floor I continued running as I made my way to Charlotte's room.

"Two twenty five. Two twenty six. Two twenty seven!" I mumbled as I read the room numbers.

I took out my key and unlocked the door.

"Took you long enough to get your lazy ass here".

I opened the door fully to see Charlotte was indeed inside this room. It was all real.

"This is real." I mumbled.

"Of course it is stupid." Charlotte laughed.

"Ok, this is crazy. How do you expect me to get you out?" I said.

"Well you're my psychologist Eliot. Once you say I'm healthy and normal, a doctor comes in to check me. If he also says I'm good then I'm good to go. You and me both know how things work around here." Charlotte exclaimed.

"Ok. I'm going to go sign in then I'll ask what time our sessions are." I replied.

I walked towards the door and exited the room before she could say anything. I locked the door and made my way to the elevator. No way was I taking the stairs again.

"Eliot. What was all that about in the parking lot?" Jared asked as he saw me get off the elevator.

"Nothing. It's just been a weird two days." I answered as I signed in.

"Ok, whatever you say." Jared surrendered.

Jared walked away and I made my way towards the boss's office. If I could I would avoid that place at all costs, but I need my new schedule for Charlotte. I sighed as I reached the door. Here it goes.

"Hello?" I said as I knocked on the door.

"Oh. Umm, uh, j-just a moment." I heard the boss stutter.

I scrunched up my face in disgust. Of course there was another person in there with him.

"Why can't you just ignore him?" I hear a female voice whisper.

"Because Jenny, I'm at work." The boss replied.

"The hell! My name isn't Jenny!" The female screamed, loud enough for the whole building to hear.

"You should know I don't care. Now get dressed so I can open the door and keep your annoying voice down." The boss said.

Five minutes later the door opened and a blonde lady pushed me out of the way as she stormed off. I watched as she walked away. I felt bad for her. I turned around and the boss walked to the door. He ran a hand down his face and sighed.

"Hey, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"Um hi, I need my new session times." I answered.

"Ah yes. You got the new patient." He noted.

I nodded and he handed me my new schedule.

"Thanks." I said before beginning to walk away.

"Oh hey! Eliot!" The boss called after me.

"Yeah?" I asked confused.

I didn't think he knew my name.

"You're a good employee kid. Keep up the good job." He smiled.

"Thanks boss." I replied.

"Call me Rob." He said.

"Well thanks Rob. I'm happy I've got this job." I said back.

"See you around kid." He said as he closed the door.

I stared at the door in confusion for a few moments. I had no idea what had just happened. Suddenly I remembered Charlotte was up in a cell. I guess it was time to start trying to get her out of here, and back to whatever crazy place she came from. 

A.N : Chapter Three is up. Let me know what you guys think about it.

Q: What's a place you've always wanted to travel to?

My answer: Italy

Next chapter will be posted on Saturday