Chapter Seven : Death Threat? Go Shopping

« Not All Girls
   Like Shopping »

"Humans use money right?" Charlotte asked suddenly as we sat in my living room watching television

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"I want to buy clothes. Just an outfit or two." She replied with a shrug.

She was still wearing my clothes. As much as I liked it, she was right.

"Ok, let's go to the mall." I agreed.

I made my way to my room and grabbed my smallest pair of sweatpants along with my wallet. As I rummaged around my room I felt a presence behind me. I turned around only to see no one.

"Charlotte." I called out so I could give her the clothes.

"What?"

"Come up here."

I heard her coming down the hall, then suddenly stopping at my bedroom door.

"What the hell are you doing here Hale." Charlotte said as she looked at the middle of the room.

I gave her a puzzled look but she didn't seem to notice. A loud laugh echoed in the room then a man appeared where Charlotte had been staring.

"Come on Char. That's no way to greet me." The man, Hale I assume, said.

"You're right. I should have tried to stab you." Charlotte replied.

Hale turned to me.

"Well, if it isn't the lost little boy." Hale laughed.

"Shut up Hale." Charlotte snapped at him.

"Why? He can't defend himself." Hale smirked.

"Shut up and leave." I said.

Hale laughed again.

"Well looks like he does speak." Hale replied.

"Leave." Me and Charlotte demanded.

"I will, I will. I just have to deliver the message." Hale said.

"What message?" Charlotte asked.

"Nixon says if you leave the boy now and stop trying to return, he won't kill you. On the other hand, he will kill you if you and lost boy keep trying to get back into the realm." Hale explained.

"Tell Nixon to screw off. I'm coming back." Charlotte spat.

"Whatever Char." Hale shrugged.

Hale nodded at the both of us before disappearing from the room.

"Ugh." Charlotte yelled angrily as she flopped down on my bed.

"You ok?" I asked stupidly.

"No, I'm not." Charlotte mumbled into the blankets.

"Well then let's fix that." I said.

"How? Hale and Nixon both ruined my day." Charlotte replied.

"We can grab you some proper clothes then....oh there's this really cool fair in town today." I suggested.

"Sure, why not." She said with a sigh.

I handed her the pair of sweatpants and she went into the washroom to change. When she came out I smirked at seeing the pants somewhat fit her.

"Well? Let's go then." Charlotte said.

I lead her outside and down to the parking lot. We walked towards my car in silence.

"Which one is it?" She asked.

"It's this one" I said as we approached my car.

"Let's just get this over with." Charlotte sighed as she got into the car.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥

"How's this?" I asked Charlotte as I pulled out a dark blue tank top.

"Ok I guess." She replied.

It was hard to find clothes for Charlotte. She didn't really have a style nor knew what clothing styles she liked.

Suddenly Charlotte let out a quiet gasp.

"Can I get these?" She asked.

In her hand was a small black leather jacket along with a pair of black and white Vans.

"Sure." I replied.

Honestly, she could ask to buy the whole store and I'd probably say yes.

"Let's just find a top and some pants to go with that." I added.

Charlotte looked around the store for a few more minutes before coming back with a pair of black leggings and a dark red t-shirt. I gently grabbed the things for her before going to pay.

"Hello. Did you find everything you were looking for?" The lady at the cash register asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"It's cute that you guys go shopping together. I wish my boyfriend did that with me." She smiled as she looked between me and Charlotte.

"Oh we're not—"

"Ok then, that will be fifty eight thirty nine." She interrupted me.

I handed her the money before grabbed Charlotte's bag of clothes and walking out.

"Why did she think we were together?" Charlotte mumbled as we left the store.

That's how earth works Charlotte. It's just how it works.

We kept walking until Charlotte stopped at a store.

"I need to go in here." Charlotte said.

I looked and saw the stores name along with what they sold.

"Oh um yeah. Here's fifty dollars, buy whatever." I replied as I handed her the money.

"You're not coming into this one?" She asked curiously.

"I'm not." I answered.

Charlotte shrugged before walking into the store.

No way in hell was I going into Victoria Secret to see what Charlotte was going to buy. 

Here's chapter seven. Just a small filler chapter before they go to the fair.

Q: Favourite YouTubers?

My answer: Shane Dawson, CrankThatFrank and Jessie Paege