Chapter 8: how to make a hair bow in 7 ways

1: Select a ribbon.

Satin, velvet, nylon, cotton, gingham - whatever takes your fancy. Be aware that the more slippery the fabric (satin), the harder to work with. It is good to start with a grosgrain ribbon, which has little ridges in it, to practice with.

2: Decide how you want to fasten the ribbon in your hair. There are many types of hair clips, ties and headbands available, and ribbon can be attached to almost all of them with little difficulty.

BASIC BOW

1: Fold a ribbon around the hair tye.

2: Cross the right piece over the left.

3: Pull the left piece under the right and pull tight.

4: Fold each end of the ribbon into a loop.

5: Cross the left loop over the right loop.

6: Take the left loop under the right loop and pull tight.

7: Arrange the ribbon so the loops are the same size and cut the ends so they are even.

FAUX BOW

1: Start with two pieces of ribbon that are each 8 inches long.

2: Make one into a loop with its ends overlapping, and place it on a barrette.

3: Slip the second ribbon through the barrette and tie it around the barrette and the loop.

4: Turn the knot around so it is on the underside of the barrette.

5: Arrange the tails so they hang down nicely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

I love making bows so I wanted to share this. If you want to give me a suggestion on a topic I should do or anything, iMessage me at itzsarahofawe@gmail.com thank you so much for reading and pleas tell people!!!!☺️