Chapter 3: how to do classic red make up

1: red lipstick

Regardless of your skin tone, you can rock a red lip. The Hollywood stars of yesteryear had flawless skin to complement their crimson pout but the key to getting this makeup look on point is to choose a color that matches your skin tone. Apply concealer around the outside of your lips to further define them.

2: flawless matte skin

Using the right combination of foundation, concealer, and pressed powder will ensure that you look picture perfect. Start with moisturizing your face, then use concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles. Next, apply foundation and powder for a flawless finish.

3: cat eye eyeliner

This classic makeup look is one of my favorites! It's fun to create and looks great for just about any occasion. The key to a great cat eye is a great eyeliner -- cream or gel liner works best -- and creativity. You can do the standard swoosh, or winged, eyeliner, or get fancy!

4: defined eyebrows

Having a set of dark and defined eyebrows can make your makeup look polished and accentuate the eyes. Old Hollywood had it right when all of the stars had a well-defined and dark brow. Use a dark brow powder to fill in and shape your eyebrows.

5: neutral eyeshadow

Don't overwhelm your otherwise picture-perfect makeup look with overpowering eye shadow. Use a cream or vanilla color on your eyelids so they aren't competing with the rest of your face. The neutral palette will also draw more attention to your pretty peepers.

6: rosy cheeks

After applying your face makeup, use a rosy cream rouge or a powder blush on the apples of your cheeks. This will give you a nice glow and balance out your vintage inspired makeup look. Think porcelain doll, but don't go crazy with it -- you don't want to look like you have a fever.

7: false lashes

This step is optional but a must for those who want to add drama and an air of mystery to their look. Try using a kit which will include lash glue and eyelash strips. If you find the lashes are too long, simply trim them. Use Kim Kardashian as an inspiration when trying out this makeup look.

8: lip liner

No classic makeup look would be complete without lip liner. Use a red liner to fill in your lips and ensure that your ruby red lips stay beautiful while you blow kisses to your adoring fans. Consider tip number one with this one, too.

9: vintage hair

Why not go all-out glam and rock a vintage inspired hairstyle along with your new look? Pin curls or finger waves are beautiful and can be done at home before your night out. If you're short on time, try some hot rollers and get some bouncy curls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hello my peeps... So I have a puppy named hazel and in 11 days she is turning 1 year old cuz we share a birthday so you can comment and tell her happy birthday if you want. Please tell your friends and keep enjoying this book. I love this make up style but if you want you should totally try it out. Also please follow me on Instagram @lolitzsarah same as this account.

Mkay byeeeeeee