There Should be Make-Up For That

Katrina:

   The weekend had gone by slower than I had hoped, but that's only because I wasn't allowed out of the house. But. when Monday had come, I wasn't all  too enthused about going to school. Staying home wasn't an option because my body needed at least a little break away from being abused. There was no use trying to cover up the black eye because  you just couln't cover up something tha big.

   When I oulled into my usual parking space at the school, I wasn't suprised to see Balke waiting with Kiowa for me. Grabbing my purse, I threw it over my shoulder and grabbed the phone that Blake had given me out of it. Couldn't he take a hint? I hadn't called Blake all weekend long. I didn't want to talk to him. Dididn't want anything to do with him.

   Slamming my door shut, I walked over to Blake and Kiowa and pressed the phone into Blake's chest and said, "Here's your phone back," before walking past him into the school.

Blake:

   I looked at the phone in my hand blankly. What had just happened? I'll tell you what happened, man, my wolf said. Skank got tired of sucking your dick .

   Goddamn it, man! Don't talk about her like that. You know she is to me.

   Shoving the phone into my back pants pocket, I glared at Kiowa. Fuck, I needed to take my anger out on someone.Preferably Alahkai. That fucker was with me the night that I had killed that family. Sure his wolf had been in control of him, but he could have at least tried to stop me. No! Instead of stopping me he had went along with it. Fuck!

   I walked over to the nearest vending machine and kicked it. When just one kick didn't feel  like enough I started kicking it harder. Cursing all the while while I did it, until Kiowa dragged me away from the machine and shook my shoulders.

   Why in the hell was Katrina mad at me? All I fucking did was tell her that I cared about her. And know she was just going to ignore me, throw me to the ground and stomp on me as if I were only dirt. As if what I had told her never happened.

   "Blake, man," said Kiowa. "Calm down. Just go and talk to her. You don't know what's up yet."

Katrina:

   I coudln't concentrate on anything. First and second period weren't that exciting, but, hey, it has history and math. Bringing my sunglasses to school would have been a good idea because when I walked through the halls, everyone stared at my bruised face.

   Girls would point and glare; while boys just stared and went back to watching me and the other girls walking.

   And then I had gym and English. In gym I had asked to sit out because I supposedly wasn't feeling well enough to play. Although, I think English dragged on only because i was sitting next to Blake. He kept trying to talk to me, but I wouldn't reply to him. Let alone acknowledge his existence in the classroom or the world.

   That bastard had played me! The other night I had called that Angie girl because I had heard Blake say her name in the truck. He was all telling me that he cared about me and wanted something with me when he was out having sex with other girls. Well, not exactly sex. It was, like, oral stuff, but still sex was still sex. And, really? After I had just had sex with him?

   When the bell rang to signal the beginning of lunch, I grabbed my notebook and purse and left the room to go to my locker. It was only down the hall from Mrs. Olsen's room, so I didn't have to really go very far. I opened my locker and threw my purse into it, very frustrated.

   With as much force as I could put into it, I slammed the metal door closed and leaned against it. I hated my life; hated Pueblo, and hated Blake. I think i would just- j- just pray some more after I got done with lunch. Hopefully all of that praying would end soon and the Angel would come and rescue Alison and I.

Blake:

   Kiowa, D and I were sitting at one of the cafeterias tables eating whatever the fuck this slop was supposed to be. Green Sloppy Joe's, maybe? I was happy for these two, but all of the love that was floating around was really starting to piss me off. Couldn't they see that I wasn't in the mood for their display of each others affection? God, I wanted to get up and go to find Katrina and Alahkai, already. Make out with Katrina, and strangle Alahkai.

   "Oh, nuh- uh! Did you hear that, too? D asked my main man, and from the look of her face trying hard not to crack up laughing. "Oh, sit! I heard that Bianca Labra was totally knocked up, but her baby daddy had a heart attack in the bathroom and they found him with shit on his head in the toilet!"

   They shouldn't be talking about girls getting pregnant and people dying. They didn't know that Katrina had a daughter or that I had killed that family . . . But, I still wanted to know why Katrina prented that Alison was her little sister. It wasn't uncommon for a girl to get pregnant at a young age in Pueblo. No one would judge her. Maybe accept her a little more, but.

   I looked up because both Kiowa and Dominique had gone silent. Katrina was standing there looking at me with a rippened red apple in her hand. What hte hell had happned to her eye? Sure, she was usually bruised up and everything but she had a black eye today and a dark spot over her left cheek. Nobody had the fucking right to touch her except for me. Mate, my wolf growled, ready to pounce out of me. Mine . . . Protect . . . Beautiful . . . Destroy him . . .

   Dominique was the first of us to speak. "Katrina . . . What happened to you?"

   "I . . . I- I-" She was stammering on as I stood up to go and talk to her and comfort her, but when I did that she turned and walked away from all of us. I growled and flipped my tray over. Girls squealed in shock and possibly fright. Mate! My wolfs growls were were demanding . He wanted her.

   "Blake, don't loose it here, bro," warned Kiowa. Taking a deep breath I sat back down and put my head in my hands.

   "Katrina!" I heard D's distant voice call out. "Wait up!"

Katrina:

   For some reason, I ended up in the bathroom. No one was in there. But, I wasn't stupid; I mean, I kne that Dominique was following me and would be here soon. We ended up there a lot- in the bathroom. Everything went down in there. That so could not be sanitary, could it? But what was I? I germ expert now?

   Thje bathroom door closed and Dominique walked in with a very worried look on her face.

   "What happened to your face, Katrina?"

   I didn't answer right away, instead I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I hated these things. Mirrors. They showed you only what you wanted to see. Beauty and ugliness. And that's what I saw- the ugliness. My face looked terrible. I looked terrible. But, I couldn't tell Dominique what was wrong with me. Hell, I couldn't tell anyone ever.

   "She walked over to me and put her hands on my shoulders lightly,as if she thought I would break at her touch. "You can trust me, you know." Again, I didn't say anything so she sighed and removed her hands away from my bare shoulders. "Don't do this, okay? Look, you're my best friend, and I need you to trust me. You have two boys out there-- and me-- who are willing to kick ass for you. So, please . . . Kat, who did this to you?"

   As I shook my head, the tears started to fall, and so did I. I sat on the floor and cried while Dominique held me.

   "I can't go back home, D. I just can't . . . "

   "Oh, baby . . . I'm sure Kiowa won't mind. I'll go with you if you want. I swear, I won't let anyone touch you."

   Looking up, I blinked my tears away so that I could see her face clearly. "I- I don't-"

   She smiled. "You don't have to say anything. Not yet, anyways. You're still gonna tell me whose ass Imma kick."