Introduction: Part One: Sitting on the Angels Wings

Katrina

My whole life has been a lie. Starting with my family. People think I have such a great life . . . I don't. Not unless you consider being beaten and raped by your dad twenty-four sevengreat. Then there was Alison. Everyone thinks that she's my little sister; she's not. They're dead wrong because five-year old Alison is actually my daughter. I think the only thing that's real in my life is that I'm seventeen, and my name is Katrina Debral.

I closed my notebook as I finished my first journal entry for my new house. Dad didn't like to stay in one place for too long, 'cuz he didn't want to risk people finding out. With everything unpacked, the three bedroom two bathroomed house was clean, but I knew that in a few days it would be ruined. My dad was very aggressive when it came to his so called "manly needs".

Ever since my mom divorced him, he began using me as his wife. I used to argue about it and try to resist, but I found it's easier just to go along with it. You get hurt less badly that way. So far he hasn't tried anything with Alison. Although, sometimes he did make her watch . . .

"Katrina, get your ass up in here!"

I sighed and stood up. Please, please, please god don't let him wan't sex right now.

Mark Debral was thrown across the couch in the livingg room. His eyes were dark with hunger. The screen door was open and I could here Alison laughing. Good, hopefully she'd stay out there for a while.

Mark smiled at me. "Get your skinny ass over here, babe." I was so not his babe! Just breathe, Kat. You can handle this.

"Can we please not do this right now? I have school tomorrow, I have to find a job, and Ali--"

"Shut it, bitch! Now get over here and take your damn clothes off!"

"Kay."

Hopefully an angel would answer my prayers . . . and maybe someday save me and Alison from this hellhole.