Chapter: "three" lights one ambulance

"So I heard he was old and had white hair," I paused mid step as I got into the train and looked at Jan, "What are you talking about?" I looked around and found a seat walking over.

"Chris told me that he was really old, well in that case just marry him and you'll get the money when he dies, oh wait you don't need money," she said scoffing and tucking her red hair behind her ear. 

"He's not old,"

"Chris said-"

"Of course he did," I said shaking my head, trust Chris to tell her that. But I wasn't going to tell her the truth either, that was just going to brush up his ego, even if he couldn't hear that I told her. 

"Is he attractive?" her green eyes looked too amused and I shrugged, "not for me" I said, which was the truth.

I may have been attracted to his looks for a point of a second but then he opened his mouth, and as deep and wonderful his voice was, his words were the opposite. 

"So where is he taking you,"

"It's not a date Jan,"

"But why are you meeting at a pastry restaurant?" 

I frowned, that's what I didn't understand. If he didn't want to date and marry me in the long run, why was he taking me out?

"He probably has a good reason," 

Jan shrugged grabbing the paper of the seat and flicking through it while I stared out the window. He was lucky I could re-schedule someone else to cover for my class, who the hell did he think he was just telling me a time and walking of without making sure I was free.

Of course I could say no and stay and teach my maths class, Stats to be more precise but I wanted out mothers off our backs, especially mine who called me half way through a class, no doubt wanted to know what I thought of him.

"I'm starving," Jan whined as we both got up, it was only two stops away from the city but it was better catching the train than the trams which would take much longer.

"So am I," maybe I could actually eat something at the pastry shop.

"Well I'll meet you after,"

I stopped on the escalators, "You aren't coming with me?" 

Panic settled in when she said no, but she was my shoulder to punch when I saw his annoying face.

"I'm hungry, I'm going to go get food and see if Chris is on his break,"

I grunted and walked up, fine ditch me last minute, not like you ate my cheesecake and owe me.

"Be that way," I said exiting the station as she shook her head smiling behind me. Where was this place?

The place was impossible to find, or maybe I just had bad navigation skills. If I had stopped and looked I would have realized the place was just a three minute walk from the station, but I didn't and rushed off in a random direction and half an hour later, half an hour late I finally found the place.

Oh well it was good to keep him waiting.

The building had its own car park, it was central city where it was crowded, it was just the city's neighbour so it was less packed as I walked through the doors. 

Warmth greeted me and the heavenly smell of chocolate made my mouth water.

"Hi table for one?"

I looked up at the teenage waiter and smiled, "I'm meant to be meeting someone here actually,"