Because The Moon Wants The Ordinary Girl

Recap: Manik teasing Nandini

The next day Manik was coming down when he saw Nandini talking to someone on phone, he joined the rest on the breakfast table

Nandini: (joining them) Abhi ye Maddy ke deal ka kya problem hai, he is calling and eating my head

Abhi: I don't know yaar, he is just irritating, I swear if he wasn't Aryaman's brother God I would have killed him (Nandini's cell again rang)

Nandini: (picking up) Ha Maddy (and she left the table talking to him. After 15 mins of talk when Nandini was coming back she was pulled in a room) Manik when will you stop pulling me like this

Manik: Not soon, vaise bhi kal humare quality time ke baad I wasn'ti able to spend any 'quality time' with you (Nandini was going to answer when her phone again rang but this time Manik took her phone and rejected the call)

Nandini: Manik kya kar rahe ho, Maddy is calling he has some work

Manik: OK wait (he again see Madhyam calling so he received the call) Hello, Nandini is spending her time with me so if you have any work please Abhi ko contact karo (he hanged up without listening the reply and Nandini was giggling)

Nandini: Bechara Maddy

Manik: (caging her in his arms) You call Abhimanyu Abhi, Arayman Arya because you love them, is idiot ko why you call Maddy

Nandini: Because sab usse yeh hi bulate hai

Manik: Main nahi bulata!!

Nandini: Manik are you jealous

Manik: Hell yes I am (and Nandini laugh out a loud)

Nandini: Yo shouldn't be (and kissed his cheek)

Manik: Tum mujhe bhi pyaar se kuch bual sakti ho

Nandini: You want me to?

Manik: Of course (but her phone again rang it was Abhi now) Lo yaar (he said pissed)

Nandini: Ha Abhi, Madhyam called you? I don't know what's his problem! OK fine, no I am coming (she hungs up and looks at Manik who was looking at her smiling) Challe? (He took her hand and walked smiling towards their friends but when they reached there they saw Soniya entering with Mr Kapoor)

Mr Kapoor: Manik, my son how are you, Kab aye? kuch bataya nahi? (Manik increased his grip on Nandini's hand who in return holds him tightly assuring him)

Manik: Who allowed you in my property

Mr Kapoor: Manik bhool gaye kya I am your Kapoor Uncle, your Dad's friend

Manik: Dare you take my Dad's name from your filthy mouth (his tone was dangerous and made Mr Kapoor flinch)

Mr Kapoor: Ma...Manik listen we are sorry, Soniya here, she loves you beta!

Manik: (laughed) Are you even serious? Love? (and his hold on Nandini tighten) Let me make it clear to you, you and your daughter who claims to love me are no one to me...... I am not the same Manik years before, Manik Malhotra hu main I will bring you on roads the next time you even thought to come near me or my family, now, OUT (and it didn't took a second for the father-daughter to leave for life. Rest all his friends came near him)

Cabir: You are OK?

Manik: Never felt better

Mukti: At least you got a closure! (all the while Manik was holding Nandini's hand)
____________________________________

It was evening and everyone was seating in the garden of Malhotra farmhouse as they were going to have their dinner here today in the open space. Abhi was doing the barbecue and Cabir and Druv were putting the tables Manik was tunning his guitar and the girls they were talking about random topics with lots of fun they had their dinner and sat there talking. Slowly the couples excused themselves and now only MaNan were in the garden area sitting in silence not knowing what to speak. Manik with a beer in hand went and sat besides Nandini who was gazing the moon....

Manik: He fascinates you, don't he? (he said pointing the moon and Nandini just nodded) You know you once said that the moon isn't for you and you will try to stay away from him? (Nandini nodded her head) So you still think the same?

Nandini: I don't know, the moon still fascinates me, he makes me stay near him but then..... (she signs) I am confuse

Manik: Lo abhi tumhari confusion dur karte hai (as soon as he says this the lights in garden area go off)

Nandini: Manik? (as soon as she takes his name fairy lights start to glow which were all over the garden trees which Nandini didn't noticed until now. But Manik wasn't there in front of her) Manik? Manik? Manik kaha ho? (she said fear evident in her voice)

Manik: And you say you can stay away from when you fear to lose him (he said coming from behind and Nandini turns and give him a confuse look) Aab bhi nahi samjhi (Nandini nods no) OK so let me make it clear, let me tell you loud and clear. Nandini Murty the moon be the marvelous, be there the shining stars around him let everyone complain him and let him hear everyone but still the ordinary girl who excepts him with all his flaws, his impulsive behavior, his anger, his unjustified and baseless behavior is special to him... She Nandini Murty matters to him more than anything as for him the ordinary girl is his shinning star (when his words seep in Nandini she widen her eyes and Manik chuckles) Kya laga I won't get your metaphor? (and Nandini nods no with tears in her eyes) Tum Nandini, how could you compare yourself with any other girl? (he said getting angry) Listen to me very carefully you are the most smart, intelligent, polite, humble and the most beautiful girl I have ever come across don't you compare yourself to any other girl as I won't be able to see you anyone demeaning my girl be it my girl herself (Nandini was a crying mess now. He went close to her wipe her tears and nods no) as much cute as you look now I don't like you crying (he held her hands and went on his knees) Nandini Murty I LOVE YOU (he screamed) I really love you, will you be my side till I breadth?

Nandini: Till we breadth, I will be your side till we breadth Manik Malhotra!! (and she to bend on her knees too) Stupid Manik Malhotra, Kitna wait karvaya!!

Manik: Tho isliye you are taking revenge

Nandini: What revenge?

Manik: Nandu!!

Nandini: Kya Manik?

Manik: Nandini don't test my patience

Nandini: Kya sunna hai?

Manik: Mere I love you ka jawab (she came near Manik and said in his ears)

Nandini: (whispered) I love you Mani (and a wide grin spread on Manik's face) (Nandini step backed and said) I Nandini Murty love you Manik Malhotra, I love you before you knew that I even exists. The day I saw you in your college canteen beating that boy I felt my heart fluttering, the day I heard you sing my heart skipped a beat, the day I saw you on the big screen it sore in pride, the day I felt your touch it fluttered like free wings, the day I saw care for me in those eyes (pointing to his eyes) it felt out of the world and yesterday when it saw the love in your eyes from that moment it belongs to you and it will till the end of our breadths it will belong to you (and for a change Manik Malhotra was in tears and hugged her so tightly that even air could not pass)

MaNan: I Love you (and they heard people clapping and broke the hug to see all their friends including Soha, Aryaman, Neyonika and Moksh standing and clapping tears on their eyes and wide smile spread on their faces they pounced on them making a big family hug)