14. S.A. resurfaces

The first few months of my 3rd year in high was pretty uninteresting. Things started to get worse in June. The Ko's Annual dance competition... Our team bagged third in the competition. I got gifts from some random guys and Bambam wasn't happy about it at all. I also became popular in school, especially in the dance club. This made Bambam jealous and sensitive. We fought on the day supposed to be the anniversary of our relationship.

"Focus on your studies. Don't take this dance stuff too seriously," he told me.

"I'm studying as much as I can. I also love dance, I want to take it seriously," I replied.

"You can't be serious! You should try harder in academic lines. There's too much competition in fields like dance and music and ....whatever. Your team came first last year and third this time. Some other time you might get nothing."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying it's not an easy path. And I don't like it. Just study harder and let's go to college together after passing out high school."

"Let's go to college together? That's what you want. What about what I want?" I left him in the cafe we were in and stormed out without waiting for  a reply from him.

I sulked and laid brooding all evening over that fight. He texted me at night apologising,
I'm sorry Mina. I shouldn't have said what I did. I don't want us to fight. Please forgive :'(

I didn't text back anything. We talked about it the next day at lunch. Poor Jihyo had to eat alone. We did make up after we talked.

After the competition, Momo and Sana unnie were invited by a dance troupe as guests in their trip. They were too happy about it. I envied them. Momo unnie texted me the address of a restaurant and asked me to come there on Sunday. Our dance team was there and to my surprise the Triplet were also there.

"Welcome, Mina." Sana unnie immediately hugged me. The rest greeted me and I greeted them back. Dahyun, who was sitting next to Chaeyoung, stood up and offered me the chair. Chaeyoung smiled at me as I sat down.

"So, Sana and I are going to tour with Chungnam's cultural dance troupe. We will get opportunity to learn a lot of things. We will be gone for three weeks that's why we wanted to eat with you guys. It's our treat! Order whatever you want" Momo unnie announced.

It was such a wonderful time. We chatted light heartedly as we ate. Sana unnie was obviously hitting on the innocent Tzuyu. As for me I was just happy to be sitting with Chaeyoung. Her presence was all I wanted.

My phone beeped twice. I checked the text, it was from Bambam.
Where are you?

Out, eating with friends. Momo and Sana unnies' treat. I replied.

When are you coming back? He wanted to know.

We are done. Heading home now.

I'll wait at the bus stop. He texted.

We walked out of the restaurant with Chaeyoung clinging to my arm. I could get used to this! We took the bus home. My stop cane first.

"Bye, Mina."
"Bye, unnie"

"Bye, everyone" I bade my farewell.

"Alaba moo, Mina unnie." That made me smile.

"Alaba moo, Chaeyoung." I stepped out of the bus. They waved frantically at me out of the bus windows and I waved back watching them rode away.

When I turned around, Bambam was standing few meters away behind me. And he looked.... pissed.