12. School week (Part 3)

I dreamt that someone was holding my wrist and dragging me. I woke up to my mom trying to pull me up by my wrist.

"Get up. You will be late"

I dragged myself out of my bed and got ready for school. I smiled into the mirror as I brushed my hair, Another day with Chaeyoung.

My phone beeped. I checked the text from Bambam,
Good morning, pretty girl.
Can't wait to see you in school.

I texted back,
Good morning, handsome boy.
See you in school ♡

I was greeted at school with Jihyo's hug and Bambam's kiss on my cheek. They had come early because Jihyo was in the debate competion and Bambam was helping her rehearse. We parted after roll call, promising to sit together to watch Jihyo's debate.

The Triplet were chatting and laughing when I reached the House's booth.

"What do we have today, girls?" I put my backpack on the desk.

Dahyun took out a paper, "List of JAM and debate participants. Captain told us to report the names to the Teachers in charge in the venue."

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"You" Chaeyoung cheekily answered. Then she took my backpack and made it a frontpack, she was carrying her own backpack and mine too on her back and front respectively. She walked in front of me and the two girls on my right and left. I felt like a VIP being escorted to the auditorium by three bodyguards.

We gave the list of participants to the Teacher in charge who was seating on a desk below the stage. Then I took a seat, Chaeyoung handed me my backpack and took the seat on my right, Dahyun on my left and Tzuyu on Chaeyoung's right.

After a few minutes, JAM for senior category (9-12th graders) started. Chaeyoung tapped on my arm and held it drawing my attention to her.

"Do you remember November 12 last year? Today is 11/12, it's been a year since we have known each other."

"Right! We met because of the Junior's JAM competion. I dragged you into it hahaha"

"I couldn't speak a word" she laughed out loud. Then the four of us reminisced the events of the past year.

Bambam and Jihyo arrived towards the end of the JAM competition.

"Hi, Mina. Hello DaChaeTzu!" Jihyo cheerfully greeted.

"Hi girls" Bambam greeted.

"His unnie, hi oppa" the girls greeted together. I did too. Jihyo was about to join the other contestants for debate, which would start soon. We wished her luck.

"Thank you. I'll wreck the contestants of your house" she said and left.

"Will I be rude to ask you if you can move to the seat there? I would like to sit next to my girlfriend" he asked Chaeyoung pointing at the empty seat next to Dahyun. I think that is kind of rude, Babe.

Dahyun who was seating on my left immediately shot up from her seat and offered her seat to Bambam, "You can sit here, oppa." She moved to the empty seat next to her. I think Bambam glared at Chaeyoung before sitting down on the seat on my left. He held my hand. No one started any conversation the whole time we watched the debate.

I saw Chaeyoung and Tzuyu whispering something to one another. Then Tzuyu leaned her head forward and looked at me, "Unnie, we will go see if help is needed in the booth. Dahyun-a come!" She stood up and started walking away.

"See you later, unnie" Dahyun waved at me and followed the tall girl. Bambam already sensed I might follow them so he held my hand tighter signalling me not to move.

"Alaba moo" Chaeyoung said and left.

What!? Alaba moo? What does that even mean? What language is that?

"Why do you hang out with them?" Bambam asked.

"They're friends, babe. They're good kids, fun to be around." I rubbed his hand.

Then he stayed quiet until the end of the debate. Jihyo was placed second. She treated us to lunch to celebrate. The three of us were eating together for the first time in the week because ever since school week started I ate with the Triplet.

After the lunch Jihyo left to hang out in Yellow house's booth with their overenthusiastic vice captain and Bambam had to go take part in essay writing competition. I kissed him good luck on the cheek. After that I roamed the campus to find the Triplet. With lots of asking around I found them helping 3-5 graders rehearse for fancy dress.

"Wink like this" Tzuyu was teaching a little girl how to wink. They both laughed because the girl closed both eyes.

Dahyun was coaching a fat boy how to walk like an old man and Chaeyoung was making up a girl with princess outfit. I walked to her.

"What was that you said?"

"What?" she asked without looking away from the little princess.

"You said something like alulu boo.... what was that?"

"Hahahahahahaha" she laughed hysterically. I patiently waited for her to compose herself.

"It was Alaba moo. When I was kid I made up my own gibberish language. Alaba moo means 'see you later' in that language."

"Oh" I nodded.

That day, before parting our ways, I told Chaeyoung, "Alaba moo, Chaeyoung." And I could tell she was too happy by my gesture.

Finally, last day of the school week, day of my dance competition. Jihyo and Bambam were waiting with me; they were cheering for me. The younger girls had wished me luck earlier in the morning.

This time Momo unnie took her place back, she won. Seulgi unnie was second and I came third. I'm sure if Sana unnie was in the competition she could have done better than me, but she was too busy with her captaincy she couldn't take part.

Bambam was gonna treat us to lunch to celebrate. "Can we invite the kids?" I asked, referring to the Triplet. He didn't look happy about my request.

"I can pay for their lunch..." I added.

"No. It's my treat. Fine, you can invite them."

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu had joined us for lunch. Dahyun was a little late because she was accompanying the group song's competition with her piano. My mean boyfriend insisted we start eating since he was famished.

We had just started when Dahyun came running. She was panting. "Sit and catch your breathe I will go take your plate" I told her.

"I'll come with you" Chaeyoung joined.

She took the plate of food and I took the drink, chocolate milk. She kept the plate in front of Dahyun and the latter stood up to take the drink from me but out of nowhere, Momo unnie appeared.

"Yours?" she took the drink from me and without waiting for me to say anything gulped down the whole thing in 7 seconds. Dahyun just gaped at her with a sad puppy face.

Momo unnie finally noticed her. "What?"

"What what?" Dahyun responded.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"  blank faced Momo asked.

"Um.. that was my drink"

Momo unnie turned to me, "Was it?" I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me!?" She smiled sheepishly and turned to Dahyun, "I owe you a treat then, tell Mina to call me when you want it, bye" After saying that she quickly walked away, leaving a blushing Dahyun behind.

"Here" While we were observing the commotion of Dahyun's drink being snatched by Momo unnie, Chaeyoung had already brought another drink. How thoughtful!

We recalled the events of the past week as we ate. We laughed at some. We scoffed at some. Jihyo and I mostly argued since we belonged to different houses.