9.Choice

I was lost. I didn't know where I was. The place was unfamiliar. Suddenly I felt scared. I felt a strong urge to cry out loud but I stopped as someone hugged me from behind... that hug was so warm and comforting. I felt protected when the pair of arms around me tighten around me, all my fears vanished and I felt lightheaded. The sound of the alarm woke me up from my strange dream. Ugh! What kind of dream was that?

I forced myself out of bed. I was tossing till so late last night. I didn't sleep enough. I looked at the mirror and groaned as I saw bags under my eyes. Great.

Today is the day to choose. I had made up my mind and I texted Bambam to come to school earlier so that we can talk before classes start.

My steps felt heavy as I walked towards our classroom. He was already waiting for me in the empty classroom. He flashed a smile as soon as he saw me. I stood nervously before him.

"Good morning" he said.

"Good morning" I said and fell silent.

"Yes? You want to tell me something" He asked.

I took a deep breath preparing myself to answer him. "Listen to me till the end. Let me be honest, if I say yes this is going to be my first relationship. So, I want to take things really slow. You must understand that. And assuming that you do, my answer is yes."

"YES!! Thank you, Mina!" He couldn't hide his happiness. He lunged towards me for a hug but I was quick to react and blocked him with my palm in his chest.

"I said I wanna take things slow. We are not close yet. Let's take time to know each other and get closer."

"Ah yes yes. Sorry, I got carried away. I am too happy" he grinned like a toothpaste commercial model.

Reasons why I chose him? Well, first of all I liked the fact that I was getting someone's attention. Secondly, I did not know if Chaeyoung liked girls. Even if she did, what were the chances of her liking me. Thirdly, Bambam had confessed so he was naturally the person who gave me the feel of security. Lastly, confessing to Chaeyoung could lead to heartbreak if she rejected me. May be my feelings for her will be gone if I date Bambam.

First thing I did when Jihyo arrived was broke the news. She wasn't surprised and congratulated me. Later Bambam brought his food and joined us for lunch.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You wanted to get close. I'm taking initiative" he coolly answered.

He even insisted on walking me to the dance club. Dream High Dance team was practising with the rest of the club members because our studio was still under construction. He left me with my unnies.

"Isn't that your friend who bought us lunch on the day of the competition?" Momo unnie asked.

"Yes. He is ex-friend now. We're dating now" I said smiling.

"Oooo..." the unnies teased and I think I turned red.

"I thought Mina was mine. Why are you cheating on me Mina?" Sana unnie mocked a sad face and I laughed at her silly teasing.

"Oh yes, I have news to tell" she added. I half expected her to tell us she was dating too. "I've been elected as the Red house's Captain." Yep, that really was news.

"What? Oh wow Sana is a house captain now. Is the world ending?" Seulgi unnie teased her and we laughed.

Momo unnie maintained an expressionless face and said, "Red House is doomed. What were they thinking?"

"I'm not bad. I can be good leader!" Sana unnie whined cutely and indignantly. The rest just laughed and kept teasing her.

"That's so unexpected"

"All the Red House boys probably voted for her unanimously."

"Oh wait, maybe it was all the Red House girls that voted for her" Hani unnie winked and the rest guffawed. I did congratulated her for the position though.

-------------------------------------------

Bambam ate lunch with me and Jihyo everyday. First, it was nice. Then it became bothersome since Jihyo and I could no more have girl-talk. But after some time we were used to his presence. Luckily, for me, he was taking things slow like how I wanted and making effort to know and understand each other better.

In the September's exhibition, we were walking hand in hand looking around the various science models and craft works that the students had displayed.

"Come I will introduce you to my junior friends" I dragged him to the Triplet's classroom. There were quite a crowd present. I looked around for the girls and saw Tzuyu's head towering over other students. I pushed through the crowds and dragged Bambam towards the girls. He kept chuckling looking at my actions.

"Hi girls" I cheerfully greeted them.

"Hi unnie" they greeted back in unison with smiles on their cute faces. Chaeyoung's dimple, oh boy!

"Bambam this is Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, and girls, this is Bambam, my boyfriend" I introduced them to one another.

They were smiling.... weren't they? They greeted one another. But the atmosphere suddenly became awkward with cold silence. As I'm not very talkative myself, I couldn't do anything. What's with the tension? What should I do?

"What's your project about?" I asked pointing to their science model. Good one, Mina. Good one.

"Our model explains the working of a wind turbine..." Dahyun started to explain. I didn't hear the rest of the explanation because I was busy wondering when I noticed Chaeyoung staring down at the model with a serious face and listening as if she wanted to absorb everything Dahyun said. Why does she look so down?

Then she lifted her head and looked up at Tzuyu who was standing beside her, when the latter patted her back. The tall girl hugged the smaller's shoulders and smiled. Chaeyoung just nodded at her and sighed. She turned her head around and our eyes met briefly before I turned away and pretended to be listening to Dahyun. But I couldn't hear whatever Dahyun was saying because, all I heard was my heart which for some reason was beating nervously and loudly.

"So that's how kinetic energy is converted into electrical energy" Dahyun concluded.

"Impressive" Bambam complimented.

"What's wrong, Chaeyoung?" I blurted out.

"Nothing" she answered. I thought that was weird because anyone could tell something obviously was wrong. I kept glaring at her not believing her.

Dahyun saw it and answered in her stead, "We got into trouble while submitting the project's file to our teacher this morning. That's why we're not feeling good, unnie. Chaeyoung worked hardest so she is upset. It's nothing to worry about."

"Oh" I said. I guess they were just sensitive over whatever that happened between their teacher and them. I felt sad seeing her upset. Bambam just smirked. Wait, did he just smirked? Why are people around me acting so weird today? Or is this just me feeling guilty for liking two persons. Maybe I shouldn't have introduced them to each other?

Yes, I still liked Chaeyoung even though I was dating Bambam. I thought I would get over the infatuation I had for her but nope, I was wrong. I still liked her. Did I make a wrong choice?