Chapter 5

Ok, so I know this chapter is very very short, but it is needed for the next few chapters to make sense and to not be confusing! :) I really hope you enjoy reading it :)

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN if you like it? :)

****************************************************************************************

I studied my outfit in the long length mirror in Rose’s bedroom, turning this way and that, and investigating myself from every angle. The gorgeous satiny gold cocktail dress I had borrowed from Jade hugged my slim figure tightly and was accompanied by a short length black leather jacket from Elle, plus my own black stiletto heels.

I had applied a light cover of make-up, which concealed my few blemishes and enhanced the exquisite pale blue of my eyes. The subtle colour of my lipstick gave my soft lips a rosy charm and mascara coated my long and lustrous lashes.

I continued to examine my appearance closely, hoping I looked decent enough for my first date with Josh. That morning I had been woken by a resounding beep from my phone, indicating the arrival of a text. It had read:

TAKING U OUT 2 DINNER 2NITE. MEET ME, 8:30, FRONT GATES! LOVE U XXXXXXXX

My lips twitched into a slight smile as I recalled his beautiful face in my mind, the gentle touch of his warm hand, the tenderness of his loving kiss. He was the sweetest guy I had ever known and I just hoped that I was good enough for him.

I shook my head slightly, displacing my thoughts and images of Josh and tried to concentrate at the task at hand.

“I can’t believe you never told us till now.” Rose gasped, faking exasperated disbelief as Verity styled my long, shiny black mane into a loose chignon. I simply sighed and shot her a shocked look of false horror back. She was exactly like a small child, unbelievably nosy and extremely excitable at the smallest bit of information.

When I had finished being pampered and primed, I slipped a few essentials into my small glittery gold clutch and snapped it shut, before peeking into the mirror and giving myself a final scrutiny.

I turned to face my friends. Their glossy eyes were trained unblinkingly on me, their heads unmoving, like a cluster of creepy porcelain dolls. “I better be off then.” I announced shrugging as they continued to stare at me expectantly. Their faces cracked suddenly into the same warm smile as they each rose and stepped forward to give me a swift hug goodbye.

“You look stunning.” Chloe reassured, picking up on my nervous mood as she grasped me in her firm embrace, her silky, perfectly straightened brown hair grazing my cheek. “Really you do.”

I smiled my appreciation and wrapped the cold brass door knob in my shaking hand. “Good luck” sang Rose as she fidgeted excitedly on her chaotic bed. “And I expect to hear everything when you get back.” She scolded in a serious manner, wagging a beautifully manicured finger in my direction. I grinned incredulously and rolled my eyes at her impatient enthusiasm; she really did resemble a joyful child.

I drew in a deep, quivering breath and attempted unsuccessfully to calm my jittery nerves, before I staggered timidly out the door.