Chapter 7

Heyy guys :) Really sorry it took so long to upload this chapter, had so much stuff to do recently! Haven't edited this properly yet so if you find any mistakes please let me know! :)

Also, this chapter is a bit longer than the others which a lot of you have been asking for so hope it's ok :)

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it!

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN?? :) <33

*************************************************************************************

We jogged across the courtyard of Middlestone, our fingers twisted into a tight, harmonious knot. Our feet pounded the uneven slabs of grey concrete rhythmically, the sound reverberating around the dome of bright twinkling stars. I laughed deliriously and staggered forward clumsily in my black heels, still tipsy from the amount of wine I had consumed earlier that evening. Josh tugged on my hand gently yet desperately, leading the way towards my dorm which appeared eerily gloomy and ominous against the sinister black sky. 

I slumped against the rough brick wall, submerged in the looming shadows cast by the cluster of tall, dark buildings around me, as Josh fished around in my clutch for the old-fashioned rust-tinted key to my dorm. He rattled the door forcefully as the ancient key jammed in the stiff lock, which finally gave a pained click and swung open with what sounded like a deafening creak in the silent midnight air. I shuddered. The horrible skin crawling noise made my insides squirm uncomfortably and always seemed destined to wake the majority of the inhabitants within the dormitory’s four walls.

I didn’t dare to imagine the severe consequences facing us both if we were caught fooling around together outside our owns dorms at this time of night, let alone entering a girl’s bedroom to participate in what was sure to be a hot-and-heavy-make-out-session. I glanced at Josh with a reluctant expression, which swiftly transformed to one of naughty excitement as I registered the tantalising and sexy glint in his gorgeous green eyes. His mood was definitely contagious.

Our eyes quickly flicked over the many darkened windows, examining them for prying eyes or watchful ghostly faces at misty panes. Nothing.

Josh yanked me through the doorway and slammed the old, polished wooden door behind us which quivered on its brass hinges from the force. The lounge appeared rather creepy when immersed in darkness, its usual hospitable and joyful ambience withdrawn by the malevolent night. The silhouette of the large, elaborately designed staircase was just visible across the other side of the room.

We pounded the stairs which exhaled quiet groans due to the unnecessary force, and onto the landing’s perfectly polished hardwood floor. One weak, solitary lamp flickered from the wall, providing just enough light to reveal a constellation of simple wooden doors.

I headed towards the one at the end of the corridor, towing Josh along behind me. A slim streak of light was stamped across the floor and I noticed it was protruding from a thin crack in the slightly open door to my right. I froze in horror as I noticed a deep blue speculating eye, staring blankly at me through the crack. Crap, this was a very big and bad idea.

Suddenly, the piercing eye vanished and I caught a quick glimpse of a mane of fiery red curls flashing away before the room was plunged into black. Thank God, it was only Rose. I should’ve guessed she would be waiting to ambush me with questions the minute I returned.

I smiled and shook my head disbelievingly before barging the door to my room forcefully. It burst open and battered against the wall, scraping away a few flakes of white paint, before bouncing back and slamming shut.

Josh gazed up at me seductively from where he had occupied a comfortable position on my large bed, his pristine white shirt already a creased lump on the floor, exposing his perfect toned torso. I slipped my slender arms out of the spindly satin straps of my cocktail dress and unfastened the tiny zip, letting the glossy fabric tumble to my feet in golden ruffles. I grinned mischievously and crawled across my silky covers of plum purple towards him.

He kissed me lovingly, his hand resting tenderly on my rosy cheek. My head moulded into the plush, creamy pillow as I tugged him closer, thirsty for more. He hovered over me, our bodies pressed gently together. Our lips moved perfectly in sync, creating passionate sparks of pure love and desire. I groaned contentedly, signalling him to deepen the kiss and ran my hand encouragingly over his warm, muscular chest.

The kiss became more fervent and every inch of my smooth, pale skin ached for Josh’s touch. His fingertips trickled softly down my body, sending a chain of lustful shivers through the skin. They lightly grazed by breasts before his hands came to harbour on my hips, squeezing them gently. I embedded my fingers in his endearing blond curls as his soft lips planted a trail of affectionate kisses down my neck.

Josh slanted his head to the side and whispered reluctantly, “I should go.”

“Okay.” I sighed, even as my fingers gripped his arms firmly, unwilling to let him go. I was disappointed that our stunningly perfect moment had come to an end so soon. He chuckled before leaning down to place many devoted and loving kisses on my cerise lips.

He rolled off the bed and grabbed his crumpled shirt, his nimble fingers fastening the buttons speedily and concealing his tanned chest. He snatched up his jacket which lay discarded at the end of my bed before grinning and bowing over to kiss me again, more forcefully this time, as if this kiss was our last.   

I stared at his retreating back as he placed his hand on the rusty brass doorknob. He stopped abruptly in his tracks and turned to look at me, a beguiling grin plastered on his lips.

“One more thing” He said eagerly, his alluring eyes pouring excitement into mine. “Will you accompany me to the summer ball tomorrow?” He asked, putting on a fake, aristocratic voice.

I giggled and grinned blissfully as I stared into his adorable, hopeful eyes. “I would love to.” I squealed as I bounded over and threw myself at him, wrapping my legs around his hips as we revolved round and round, laughing gleefully, before toppling over on my beds silky sheets.

He beamed and sighed audibly. “I love you.”  He murmured softly, his eyes sincere and caring.

“I love you too.” I replied earnestly, elated tears welling up in my eyes.

Josh pulled back so that his lips could smother my face with a series of adoring kisses before he slipped out the door.