Chapter 8

Heyy everyone :)

First of all, so sorry for the late upload. It has taken me so long to get round to finishing this chapter because of school work and stuff, but finally here it is! :)

Secondly, this has not been checked for grammar mistakes so if you do see any it would be so helpful if you could just point them out to me :) thanks

This is only a short chapter but hope you enjoy reading it and hope you comment, vote and fan! :) X

***************************************************************************************

Next morning I was awoken by a horrendously piercing bang which echoed throughout the room and harassed my delicate eardrums. I shot up and cracked open my bleary eyes, which instantly flooded with the blazingly bright beams of sunlight streaming through the open window. I looked around panicked, searching for the source of the boisterous noise. My hazy gaze settled on a petite figure, her scorching red curls tumbling halfway down her back. It was Rose.

Seeing that I was awake (which I guessed was her plan), she skipped over and pounced onto my bed, crushing my feet as she sat cross legged on my satiny plum blanket, all bright eyes and smiles. I grumbled in protest and yanked the duvet over my head in annoyance, sheltering my groggy eyes from the blinding glare of the ferocious sun.

Rose began to prod me in a vicious and robotic way, clearly determined to prohibit me from resting peacefully. I puffed a shaky breath of irritation into my pillow before emerging from my warm cocoon of covers. “God Rose, what?” I snapped, hammering my fists down on the bed, causing the springs to vibrate and tremble feebly.

“Did he ask you?” She demanded, ignoring my angry outburst, her body emitting waves of excitement.

I groaned sleepily and propped myself up on my fluffy cream pillows and silky dark purple cushions. “What are you doing?” I moaned exasperatedly, not bothering to figure out what the hell she was talking about. “You woke me up.”

“Sorry” Rose sighed impatiently in an offhand tone as she rolled her sparkling inky blue eyes at my grouchy mood. “But did he ask you?” She repeated more slowly and loudly.

“Who? Ask me what?” I replied coolly, my drowsy and sluggish brain slow on the uptake.

Rose stared at me wide-eyed, her jaw hanging slightly open in pure disbelief, like I had just delivered a forceful slap on her gorgeous, smooth ivory cheeks. She was clearly becoming irritated at my nonchalant attitude. “Josh of course” she stated pointedly. “You know, did he ask you to the summer ball?” she questioned slowly, as if she were explaining the obvious to some mentally unstable idiot.

“Oh yeah” I replied, the amazing events of last night spilling back into my mind; the soft tingling sensation as his cherry, velvet lips enveloped mine in a loving kiss of fiery passion, the gentle touch of his nimble fingers as they traced the contours of my smooth body, his contented chuckle as he whirled me around wrapped in the safe harness of his protective hold. “Yeah” I repeated dreamily, “He did.”

Rose squealed delightedly and clasped her perfectly manicured fingers together, smiling at me with such glee I couldn’t help myself from grinning back.

“Perfect, come try on your dress.” She said happily, one hand gripping tightly around my wrist, her long nails pricking my skin, while the other attempted to beckon me out of bed with enthusiasm.

“Wait. What dress?” I questioned with curiosity, my eyes narrowing slightly.

“Well Jade went shopping for you this morning considering we all had an inkling he may have asked you.” Rose explained cheerily. “And soon as you couldn’t be bothered to get your lazy arse out of bed anyway” She added, rolling her eyes jokingly and shooting me a cheeky wink.

I was still exhausted so it took me a few minutes to fully process this information. This morning? I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. My eyes popped disbelievingly and I blinked stupidly at the digits which read 2:00pm. 2:00pm? How had I slept for that long?

Breathing out a heavy sigh, I threw the covers off me and dragged myself away from the warmth and comfort of my cosy bed.

As soon as I was on my feet, Rose launched a fresh attack on me and pulled me towards the door. I laughed and shook my head at how excited she was. “Let’s get ready” She screamed excitedly.