Chapter 6

Hey :)

So first of all, sorry it took me so long to upload, been so busy but finally got round to writing this chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it :)

I don't think the ending of this chapter is one of my best so sorry about that but hope it's ok :) Haven't checked it for mistakes just yet so please just let me know if you find any :) Thank you <3

Comment/Vote/Fan?? <3

****************************************************************************************************

The silky wisps of hair that had escaped from my loose chignon swung lazily around my face in the cool breeze as Josh and I walked hand in hand towards the south end of town. It was a pleasant evening, the sky oozing a mottled blend of blue, pink and yellow pastels. The sun burned a fierce orange as it peeked over the horizon and doused the magnificent stone buildings in its vivid glare. Winding trees stretched towards the faint and ghostly moon, and the picturesque streets were peaceful.

We came to a stop outside a large glass door, the classy handles laminated in a shining gold. Josh opened it and motioned for me to go in ahead of him. The warm air greeted me as soon as I entered. The dark wooden floors were finely polished and an enormous fire blazed across the other side of the extensive room, the aggravated flames crackling grumpily. The lights had been dimmed and candles flickered at every table, dancing in unison and bathing the restaurant in a warm, romantic glow.

Josh placed his hand on the small of my back as we were led to our table by a waitress, who was sophisticatedly dressed in a sleek black halter neck cocktail dress. I continued to gawp at my exquisite surroundings, studying every luxurious thing. This place leaked magnificence and I had no doubts that it would cost an immense fortune. I sat down on the soft, lush leather seat that the waitress had pulled out for me and smiled appreciatively at her before turning my attention to Josh.

“You really do look beautiful tonight.” He commented, gazing deeply into my eyes which brimmed with radiance. I grinned and turned a shade of deep crimson as he cupped my face in his hands. He brought his smooth lips down on mine and kissed me tenderly, the kiss becoming more fervent and I eagerly wrapped my arms around his neck, enjoying the sensation.

Finally he broke away to gaze at me, happiness patent all over his handsome face. He leaned forward and tilted his lips towards my ear as he whispered tantalisingly, “I have something for you.” My body tingled with fresh excitement and intrigue. He pulled back and fished a hand into the pocket of his formal trousers.

A small red velvet box was encased in his palm which he flicked open with his thumb. Inside was the most dazzling and sparkling ring I had ever seen. It held a beautiful purple crystal in its centre and was surrounded by a ring of tiny colourless diamonds. I gawped at it, mesmerised by its splendour. The glistening diamonds seemed to reflect each and every one of the flickering candles on their smooth and shiny surfaces.

I looked up and searched Josh’s unreadable face. Why had he bought me a ring? Was he asking me to marry him? He was still engaged to Ellen. “What’s this for?” I asked curiously with a nervous laugh, trying to sound calm and casual but failing spectacularly.

Josh smiled and chuckled softly. “Don’t worry; it’s not an engagement ring.” He said picking up on my anxiety. “I just wanted to buy you a little something to express how much I love you. You’re everything to me Alice.” He continued sincerely.

He removed the ring from its white velvety cushion in the box and twiddled it between his thumb and forefinger for a second, before carefully slipping it onto my ring finger. I smiled gratefully and admired it, happy tears welling up in my eyes. “Thank you so much, it’s beautiful.”

He grinned back at me, pleased that I liked it. “I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me. It’s a promise - that I’ll always be here for you.” He whispered lovingly, taking both of my hands in his and squeezing them caringly. He breathed out slowly, then confessed, “When everything is just you and me, then I might be asking you to marry me.”

My heart swelled up with happiness like a huge balloon; so full it could almost burst. “And I will be saying yes.” I answered with a cheeky wink.

I stared deeply into his zealous green eyes which glistened cheerily. We both grinned blissfully and leant towards each other across the table. He kissed me amorously, our lips locking tightly in the devoted kiss. This moment was completely and utterly perfect, and I was sure that I could never love anyone as much as I loved Josh Hayes.