Lost Soul

**Angela's P.O.V.**

I wake to the sounds of an owl cooing outside of the house, already wide awake. My brows furrow as I realize that I was easily persuaded to go to sleep. How could Sam tell me to go to sleep, then I follow her directions as if I was ordered to?

Did she use mind control on me? Huh, that sly puppy... I have to get her back for that.

Making a mental note of revenge, I stretch on my bed. My eyes land on the digital clock when they open again and slightly widen in shock.

Only four twenty-three? Wow I feel well rested. That's weird.

I woke you up dummy, not that stupid owl. You should go hunting, I'm very thirsty. There won't be light for another hour so you won't scare anyone with your glittering skin.

As if on cue, my stomach growls in hunger. Then I realize there was a second voice in my head. One that sounded like me, only more devious and animal-like.

I'm only the animal inside of you...

"Whoa." I gasp. Frightened, I sit up, moving the blanket to uncover my warm body.

No need to sweat. Although, I am here to stay, and while I am here, you will listen to me whenever I order you around because you have no choice. It's a compulsion, you cannot help it. The last words are said as if it's taunting me. I don't know how to react to this. I'm not sure this is normal.

Who are you?

Wow, are you as stupid as the rest of this clan?

Hey, this clan is my family- your family. If you say you're the animal inside of me, prove it.

Piece of cake.

In that moment, the fangs that are tucked inside of my jaw begin to force their way out. In a matter of seconds they are piercing my lips. The taste of iron-filled blood is now coming to my senses, the pain is no longer noticed while I begin to change.

I am able to see every single dust particle as if it were a water drop. The smell of Sam's light perfume comes as if it were a strong gust of wind. I hear a flapping-like sound and rush over my bed to place my ear against the cold wall. Surely, it is the sound of trees rustling in the wind, but it is not the rustling that usually accompanies wind, it is the very sound of flapping. Then, like a sonic squeal, I hear a chirp and retreat from the wall, covering my ears in a newly found pain with shut eyes and clenched teeth.

Ah! Jeez, was that a bird? Why was that so loud? It nearly blew my ear drum out! You could've given me a warning or something!

Hah, enhanced hearing. You'll thank me later.

If you were right in-front of me, I'd smack you straight across the face.

Ooh, someone's getting angry..

Releasing a breath I hadn't realize I'd taken, I respond, slightly annoyed, by saying, If you're in my mind then you felt that too so shut up...

Oh, why now? You haven't gotten to the best part!

You're beginning to sound like a psychopath.

She has insults.. You do realize that I'm just bad-ass version of you. I can easily take over your body and squash your innocence with your humanity until there's nothing left.

Not if I can prevent you.

Oh, really? Get up.

No.