He Can't Know

This chapter contains imagery of violence and assault. Reader discretion is advised.
If you are under 14, I strongly advise skipping over the second dream.

Enjoy!
~Jane

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A deep howl could be heard in the distance as the full moon shown on the narrow path ahead. The stars in the sky would have been a great accent to the moon but the air around her took a deafening silence. Not a sound was heard, save the wolf and her shallow breathing. Her pulse sprinted throughout her body as the fear in her heart spread to dangerous levels. The pain she felt was getting worse.

"The moon." A voice rang in her mind. "The moon will peak and the beast will emerge."

Suddenly she saw a majestic creature of bright fur, long talons, great height and build stalk its way through the surrounding trees. Its head was low and the beast was cautionary. The glowing emerald in its eyes spoke of want... and hunger.

"Stay still!" A man commanded quietly behind her, frightening her. It took her a moment to realize the voice did not come from behind her, but from the back of her mind. Panic began to rise as she became more and more confused.

What's happening to me? She thought brokenly and soon received her answer.

Her body unwillingly jerked and spasmed in unnatural places. Her bones cracked as they reformed into something more feral, more beastly.

The pain she was experiencing turned to unbearable and suddenly she was seeing her love place his hand on her cheek with a sad smile to kiss her forehead. The wind picked up and he was pulled away from her, taken by the inevitable departure, their hands grazing the other's while she cries for him to stay. Her cries rang in her ears as they turned into ear-splitting screams and her vision was ripped away and all she saw was the darkness that lead the night.

She screamed. She agonized over and over again. Her screams resonated throughout her mind until they were all she heard. She saw only blackness and heard only desperate cries.

"Jesse!" I say as I sit up from my bed. I'm sweating all over. My breathing labored as I struggle to grasp my reality. Jeremy and Sam barge into the room, panic written on their faces.

"Are you hurt?" asks Sam.

"Where's Jesse?"

"What?" Sam strides towards me.

"I said, where's Jesse?"

"He's about to get supplies from the blood bank, he just finished his shift. Why, what happened?"

"I need to see him." I rip the covers off from over me and run past Sam and a bemused Jeremy to get to the stairs.

"Ange, wait!" Sam calls.

"Angela, this is nonsense. Get back into your room." Jeremy demands.

I reach the stairs and faze to the first floor, almost tripping when I reach the bottom.

As my heart hammers in my chest, I scan the room anxiously. "Jesse??" I call out. He doesn't answer. Where could he be?

The garage door in the kitchen closes. I run towards it, feeling anxious and desperate. "Jesse!" I call out, panic filling my voice. I yank open the door and see him approaching the same van that was used for my transportation. He doesn't seem to hear me. I run to his side, making him jump and grasp at something on his belt.