Golden Caramel

**Angela's P.O.V**

"Not even! The only way you can do that is by being extremely flexible, there is absolutely no chance of a seven-foot tall person," her idea of a normally sized human being, "to fit into a two-by-two foot box! It's impossible!" Cassandra yells as we eat homemade Ice Cream. "And when I say extremely, I mean like being-able-to-lick-your-back-by-going-in-between-your-legs kind of flexibility. The only way I can see that happening is by being Reed Richards himself." She popped a spoonful of chocolate crunch into her mouth.

I look at her with disgust, my hand about half way delivering the delicious Rainbow Sherbet. "How...wh-what?"

"Don't give me that look! You were the one who brought it up!" she points out with her hands and shoulders raised.

I have to give it to her, I really did bring it up. Once we got to the lodge, we started talking about weird or random things. First it was the difference between a rabbit, a bunny, and a hare. Then it was the plural of 'cactus'... or 'cacti' or... yeah, whatever....Anyways, after that, it was how limes can be sweet and finally, a human being squeezing into a tiny box. Only now, she's fully convinced me of her argument. It is impossible for a fully-grown human to fit into a cute little two-foot box.

Apparently it can only happen with a fictional character...

She definitely has a wide imagination.

No kidding! Where does she get this from?

I don't know, nor do I want to.

Same goes for me...although it can be useful.

"I did." I say, eating what's on my spoon. The conversation dies out as we continue eating our Ice Cream. That is until a thought comes into my mind. "Alright, how are we getting coffee if the next shop is thirty-seven miles from here?"

Cassandra's eyes widen and she faces me, turning her chair so that I can see her entire body. "You don't know we have a coffee shop? I thought everyone knew."

"What? No way," I narrow my eyes at her and she keeps her face still and leveled with mine. "You mean to tell me that this entire time I could have been getting a Caramel Macchiato every morning since I first came here?" My voice rises a little and I have to hold back the urge to groan in frustration.

Chuckling, Cassandra turns her chair back and continues to eat her ice cream. After she finishes her ice cream she wipes her mouth and says, "You should see your face right now."

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" I ask, my voice sounding incredulous.

"Well, you didn't ask." she simply says.

"But I... and then we... and Sam could've... oh, I just want my coffee!" I whine, gently hitting my forehead against the counter. All this time and I barely find out about the coffee shop. Why me?

"You can get your coffee now that you know it's close. Now, I have to go change. This shirt is starting to get itchy." With that, Cassandra gets up, washes her dishes and starts towards the stairs. "Don't forget to finish your Rainbow Sherbet!" she calls over her shoulder.

Mumbling "If only this ice cream was a nicely chilled coffee." to particularly nobody, I finish my ice cream and begin to walk towards the back door only to be stopped.

A delicious cup of Caramel Macchiato is shoved in my vision and I have to take a second to blanch, blink in disbelief, and snatch the precious drink from whoever was holding it for me. "I thought you'd want one." A voice floats to my ears, barely catching my attention.

Reluctantly taking a rest from drinking my source of caffeine, I shift my eyes to gaze at the sparkling hue of jade. They seem to be unsure, guarded, and curious. He lifted the corner of his mouth and smirked with a certain glint in his eyes.