It's Unexpected

**Samantha's P.O.V.**

    '...be there in a jiffy.' I tell Ange. I can tell she's distraught and needs the comfort of someone close to her, ergo me.

I quickly replace the files Boss doesn't know I'm working on in their respective folders and put them back on the shelves. I've been reading over every document on file to try to find out who this Tee guy is. Now that he's got me working close to him, I use the extra time to sneak in some investigative skills. I've found nothing regarding his supposed apprentice but that won't stop me from asking questions.

I speed walk into the living room, past the furniture, and up several flights of stairs. Barely a step on the correct floor, I'm suddenly pulled away from my stride. I let out a yelp of surprise before being taken into a barely lit closet, the familiar smell of herbal tea filling my senses. The person holds me against a wall, his arms around my waist, my hands gripping the person's biceps. To keep the person away from me, of course... My heart beats quickly as I try to catch my breath. I see the face of the person who brought me here only to have my heart rate go into overdrive.

" Darren." I say in a high-pitched tone, my eyes wide with shock. I clear my throat in an attempt to speak normally again. Stupid, now he knows he affects you."What are you doing, let me go." Way to sound assertive.

He lifts the side of his mouth into a smirk that makes him look... sexy. I hold my breath so that no unwanted sound comes out. "What? I just wanted to see you." He says innocently.

"You see me, now let me get back to work." I try, sounding more sure than before. Nailed it.

His chest vibrates with every chuckle. "I know you're done with your work. And that you were on your way to see Angela. Don't worry, I sent Jesse to go check on her." My eyes widen again as I reach into his mind. Damn, he's telling the truth. How does he know? "Oh, come on. It's not like you didn't want to see me either. Besides, Jesse seemed more than happy," He steps closer to me, leaving no space for breathing. That's okay, I tell myself, I don't have to breathe. "to go and visit her. A little too happy, if you ask me."

"He obviously likes her." I say to keep the conversation going. Why is this so difficult with him? He's so... close...

Darren's eyes soften. "He's not the only one who's obvious." he says.

"Uhhh..." I start to shift from foot to foot. "Ha, ha, you don't say? I think a lot of people are obvious." Great, you let your nerves show. Now you'll never get him to leave you alone! I scold myself. Look at you! Practically telling him to kiss you again!

I realize I'm still holding onto his arms. I immediately let go and put my hands behind my back. I shrug while giving him a sheepish smile. Laughing nervously, I turn my face to look at the closed door in longing. I close my eyes and take a calming breath. I open them again when a gentle hand grabs my chin. I look to Darren, his eyebrows scrunched in concern. Why does he always have to look cute?

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks "Did I hurt you? Are you uncomfortable?" Darren begins to step away, his arms leaving my sides. "There's more space in the closet. Here, I'll move-"

My hands shoot out on their own accord, my voice taking on a mind of its own. "What? No! Don't go..."

He freezes half way into his turn. "Are you sure?" he asks me in a hesitant voice.

"Yes." I blurt out. "I-I-I mean... I'm not uncomfortable... or hurt... I'm just..."

Darren takes on a troubled countenance. He looks more confused than ever, like a puppy wondering where the imaginary ball was thrown.