Some Assembly Required

Your POV

I was in the training deck, practicing how to control my energy when I'm in one of my Lion forms when the alarms go off.

"Everybody up!" Allura says through the speaker and I demorph from Green, now I'm in my armor. "Zarkon's attacking!"

I run out of the training deck and towards the bridge.

"The castle's about to be destroyed!" Allura shouts. "Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!" I am now at the bridge. "Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

I look around and don't see any ships. I guess this was just a drill.

"You've got to sell it a little bit more," Coran says, clearing his throat. "Oh, no! Allura's dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off!" He falls to his knees and I hear the doors open up behind me. "Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?"

"Coran," Allura says, noticing the rest of us, Keith on my left with Shiro on my right.

"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening," Coran says, still facing away from us.

"It's over," Allura says and the alarms stop blaring.

"Oh, I know!" Coran says, spinning to face us with his eyes closed. "If only Voltron had been formed." It's then that he notices us. "Oh! Time!"

"I guess this isn't an actual attack," Shiro says to Allura.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" she questions him.

"Seventy-five degrees," Coran says. "Oh, sorry. This is a meat thermometer."

"However long it was, it was too long," Allura says, walking closer to us. "You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro and (y/n) are in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance?"

I point at the door behind me and, sure enough, Lance walks in. He's wearing Blue Lion slippers, a blue robe, and blue pajamas.

"Good morning, everybody," Lance says, yawning. "What's going on?"

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order," Allura says. "We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed."

"Give me a little warning next time," I say rubbing the top of my head where my cat ears would be. "That really hurt."

"There won't be any warning before an attack from Zarkon," Allura says and I cross my arms, glaring at the floor.

"Hey!" Hunk says, yawning. "You got to sleep for ten thousand years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know. What day is today?"

"It's the third quintant of the Spicolion movement," Coran says, confusing Hunk even more. "Hump day!"

"It's a lot to process," Hunk says.

"You must understand the stakes of our mission," Allura says and a map starts to appear. "Over the last ten thousand years, the Castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations." Three-fourths of the map turns red. "So, we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe." Allura moves the map into the blue section. "Earth is here," she says. "An attack on your planet is inevitable."

"Oh, no," Hunk says and I uncross my arms.

I go over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, sending him the silent message that it will be okay.