The First Battle

EclipseWingdings made the image above. Again, I say, if you have Canary(I mean fan art, stupid autocorrect), send it in! I'll post it and you'll be credited for your amazing work!

Your POV

Coran led Allura out of the bridge and I ran out of the room. Shiro was yelling for me to stop, but I didn't listen. I just kept running, towards the training room.

Once there, I pull a golden dagger out of my satchel and put the satchel on the ground by the door. I also take off my jacket and leave it by my satchel. I walk towards the center of the room.

"What level?" a computer asks.

"Three," I say and two robots drop out of the ceiling.

One had a sword while the other carried a blaster. The one holding the sword charged at me and I charged at it. I heard the door behind me open as I blocked the robot's attack. I pushed the bot back and focused on fire. My dagger blade is engulfed in flames and I charge at the bot. It tries to block my attack, which it does, but I control the fire and it moves to engulf the bot in flames. The robot is engulfed and I increase the heat. The robot melts and I turn to the other. It shoots lasers at me, but I dodge every single one of them. I think of the robot shutting down and a green wave is sent towards it. It shuts down and I turn to the door to see Keith.

I suddenly become nervous and I look away from Keith. I hear shuffling and the next thing I know, I feel a hand on my chin. Keith moves my chin so that I look at him and I see him with a confused expression on his face.

"How'd you do that?" he asks, quietly, and he removes his hand from my chin.

"I've always been able to do it," I say, looking down. "Please don't tell the others. I'm not ready to tell anyone. Not yet."

I look up and see Keith nod his head.

"I won't tell," Keith says and I wrap him in a hug, shocking him.

When I pull back, I feel my cheeks heat up and see Keith's cheeks are a light pink. I walk past Keith and try to walk over to my satchel, but Keith grabs my arm. I turn to him, confusion on my face until I see him looking at the scars on my left arm.

Keith's POV

I grab (y/n)'s arm and she turns to face me, confusion on her face until she sees me looking at the scars on her left arm. The kind of make an asterisk shape on her forearm. The scars on her upper arm just go up and down. (Y/n) sighs and I look up at her face. She has a pained expression as she gently pulls her arm out of my grasp.

"I guess you want to know how I got these scars?" (y/n) asks.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I say, thinking about all the different ways she could have gotten at least twenty scars on both of her arms.

"Shiro did say I needed to talk to someone about it," (y/n) says, sighing. "Okay, I'll tell you."

(Y/n) sits on the floor and I sit across from her. (Y/n) looks at the dagger in her hands before looking up at me.

"When I was born, there were complications and my mom ended up dying," she starts. "My dad blamed me and took out his grief and sorrow on me. He would always come home drunk and beat me. After he passed out, I'd always run to Shiro's house. His parents would always be busy with work so it was just him there. He'd help me bandage my wounds and I'd always go back to my dad, thinking he'd change, but he never did. When I was twelve, I ran away and stayed with Shiro for two weeks before my dad came to get me. He took me home and beat me as soon as he got there. After Shiro was reported dead on the Kerberos Mission, I felt alone and one day, I got mad and threw a fireball at my dad. He died instantly and I was alone. I dropped out of school and just roamed around the desert, searching for something, anything, to take me away from Earth."