Chapter 29 - Grateful

Deandre Romeo

Tatiana walked into the jet and she was smiling widely looking at me. She sat beside me and I turned to her.

"Why didn't you ask me to come with you?" She asked.

"Why should I?" I asked her and she pointed at the ring.

"My wife have her own schedule." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"How long will you be in Milan?" She asked.

"I will go home tomorrow."

"Perfect.. let's have dinner there." She squealed.

"No."

"I know you're free so you don't have any excuses to no have dinner with me."

"I'm tired." I reasoned.

"Oh come on, your wife wants you to eat dinner together and you reject it?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I'm tired, Tatiana." I said once again and she shook her head.

"No.. you and I will have dinner.. that's it." She glared at me and I chuckled nodding.

"Thankyou." She said.

"Thankyou for.. you know.. being there." She added as she took my hand.

"I need to refresh my eyes for hot girls." I said and she glared at me.

"I'm a normal guy."

"You have a wife." She said emphasizing the 'wife' word.

"Okay." I said and then she suddenly intertwined her hand with mine. I looked at it and then turned to her.

"What?" She asked smiling widely.

"Put on the seatbelt." I said and she pulled her hand from me to put on the seatbelt. She quickly intertwined her hand with mine again and I'm not complaining about it.

The plane started to go and it will take off soon. I looked out the window and just enjoying the view of us taking off to the air.

"I need to do a lot of shopping since I don't even bring anything." Tatiana said.

"Who asked you to follow me.."

"I want to besides we never even spend time together. I want to know you." Suddenly the last sentence turned my heart into ice. I pulled my hand off from her. I hate the fact that she wants to know me.. I don't like it. I think I opened my heart too much for this girl.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asked.

"I just want to rest." What the heck.. How come my head and my heart can't say it out loud? I was going to answer something mean but that came out from my mouth. Deandre, you sure open up your heart too much.

"You can go to the room in few minutes.. you worked too hard." She said and I just nodded. I closed my eyes and leaned back to my seat. Not long after that, I felt Tatiana kiss my cheek and took off my seatbelt. I opened my eyes.

"Go to the room and sleep." She said and I nodded. I got up and walked to the room. I turned off the light and threw myself to the bed. I closed my eyes and go to sleep right away.

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up straight. I turned to the side to see Tatiana sleeping right beside me. Were there turbulences? I didn't feel a thing because I was too tired. I checked my phone and it's 2 hours left before we arrive in Milan. I laid back again and turned to Tatiana. I pulled her near and caressed her hair. She hugged me tightly suddenly and I just stay there. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

"Wakey wakey sleepy head." Tatiana whispered into my ears and my eyes opened immediately.

"Wake up.. we're 30 minutes away from Milan." Tatiana said and then she kissed my cheek. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I put my legs down and got up. Tatiana took my hand and pulled me out from the room. We sat down and put our own seatbelt waiting for the jet to land.

"What time do you have work?"

"8 o'clock." I answered and she nodded. Our jet landed safely and we got into our car to go to the hotel. Tatiana leaned her head to my shoulder and linked her arms around my arm.

"Since when you become this clingy?"

"I don't know." She answered and then she fell asleep. It's 4 a.m in the morning anyway. When we arrived at the hotel, I asked my man to check in the room. I picked Tatiana up to the room since I don't want to wake her up. I put her down on the bed slowly and put the blanket on her. I changed into my comfortable clothes and then checked on my emails and stuffs.

"Deandre." Tatiana called and I immediately turned my head to her.

"What?"

"Can you come here?" Is she sick? I got up from my chair and walked towards her. She patted a spot beside her and I raised my eyebrows.

"Can you cuddle me to sleep?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I have work to do." I said and she glared at me. I was going to go back to my chair but Tatiana threw a pillow at me. I looked at her disbelief.

"Please.. I want to sleep but I can't sleep again." She said and I sighed. I walked to her and laid beside her. She wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my chest.

"That's better." She said and I just stayed silent.

"Go to sleep.. hibernate like a bear." I said.

"Hibernate like a bear? You are mean. You can't get rid of me easily, Deandre." She hissed coldly and I just ignored her. I patted her back so she can go to sleep faster.

"You know.. I kinda like this side of you." She suddenly said and my hand stopped patting her.

"I can feel your heart is beating fast." She said and I cursed myself for that.

"You know.. I used to curse you and pray to God to know when will you die but now.. I'm kinda grateful that you're my husband."